• Show
Clear All

• NPD: Zoom G3n

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2525.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	5845353

OK - I have to say again, I'm LOVING the small footprint!!!! Loop cables, power and done.

I have just recently hooked it up and taken it for a spin. I will update with some recordings here at some point. I have not spent much time with the presets at all - I don't care even if some are good. I'll get around to that later. I hooked straight into the loop.

I will say the manual was good EXCEPT on "How to create your own patch" - Duh!!! Anyway, I have now created my first patch with a nice thick analog style chorus, a 350ms delay, and a little hall reverb. Probably should have called it Hysteria. I actually called it Ch Dly Rvb...

Anyway, I'm loving it. I see me doing a few things:

#1 I'll create a bunch of little patches for mini 3 pedal boards, like the one I described. Chorus/Flange/Phase, S-Delay/M-Delay/L-Delay, etc...each with my favorite whatever.

#2 I'll create simple band boards - 3 pedals for set 1, etc...

#3 I'll probably make some specific songs patches. Three songs with three settings actually gives me up 9 (or more) fx I can on/off. Example -
    Talk Dirty = Short delay + Chorus
    Down Boys = Flange
    Rock You = Long Delay + Harmonizer + Reverb

I doubt I'll use the dirt patches. They are really made for going into the front of an amp. But I might try a few later. I suspect I'll be to create some tasty straight in tones with amps, pedals and cab sims. Again - that could all be in one pedal zone and I'd still be able to add an independent delay or modulation to the other two pedals. I really like that I can chain a whole bunch in one patch if I really want to 'craft' a sound. Anyway - early report is in. I need to figure out how to edit/download patches etc...I want that Boss Chorus and the Dual Delay!!!

Man - I'm gonna make some cool sound fx for the band with this! Bonus: The girlfriend digs it!

Between the Stiletto with two channels, and a boost always available, and this - I'm set!
    Last edited by Aceman; 09-20-2017, 07:25 PM.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: NPD: Zoom G3n

Yeah, that thing is tiny, isn't it? Fun to play with, though. Happy you are having fun!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Sweet! [emoji1303]

Zoom makes some pretty intuitive stuff, and it's easy to use too.
      Originally posted by The Commodores?
      "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

hahaha

This guy didn't think so. Check out the first comment under the vid...

Comment

So I took it for a spin at band practice.

First - LOVED the clean stage area!!!!! Have I mentioned this? I used it exactly how I said I would - I put my Chorus / Delay / Reverb patch in stomp mode, and that was a lot of what I needed that session.

Overall I am extremely pleased. Still need to do a lot of tone tweaking, but that's just a matter of time.

Comment

Here's mine these days. It's cheap but sounds good, I had assembled this for home use & to keep everything compact & tidy & not scattered. I no longer use my amp at home unless once a month as servicing duty lol I could even run the joyo on battery(duracell lasts month+ long) but I made a small unit that gives me zero power noise issues using a smps adapter(philips) i got from the electronics store. The board was left over remains & the bottle caps(hard ones) are tacked to the wood, the velcro too (not a fan of glue.)

This thing now gets used live direct too with a DI box. The zoom provides mod/delay/reverb/eq/noise gate & amp sim for cleans, the joyo takes care of lead & crunch stuff. When I need more effective control I take my old boss gt10, which hasn't been needed frequently for long. I would have gotten the g3xn if it were available sooner but still I like my approach since its less knob turning within menus.

Hope you have fun with your compact rig Ace, the direct sounds I've heard from people using the newer Gn units has been really good online, most of the artist stuff seemed good enough to me.

Name:	20170928_123506.jpg
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	5801695

Name:	20170928_123857.jpg
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	5801696

Comment

Working...