Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wah into dirty amp = volume drop?

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
    Good choice, versatile wah. Report back soon.
    It is a great wah. The adjustments for Q and sweep allow it to sound like just about anything you want, and there is no volume drop into my dirty amp even with the built-in boost set really low. It was really easy to dial in some great sounds and dial out the harsh. I totally recommend the 535q.
    However, the fact that the wah is so good just drives home the point that I am just not a wah pedal kind of guy. It is really fun to play around with and cop the one Hendrix song I know and one Cream song I kind of know part of, but I really don't like standing in one spot while playing and overall it just doesn't work with my style like I hoped. I may keep it just for messing around, but I definitely won't be adding it to my stage setup. It just isn't me.

Comment

Re: Wah into dirty amp = volume drop?

IME, when my wahs are on, since it's such a severe notch EQ of the sound, it will seem like lower volume overall. It would be an absoutely piercing sound with make up gain added. I always felt the dip in perceived volume was a normal/expected idiosyncrasy of such an effect.

Comment

Working...
      X