NPD - Soldano in a box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD - Soldano in a box

The Jet City Shockwave Disrtion. Floored. This thing had so much gain on tap it had my crying uncle, bug sounded so good I just wanted more.

Now for the bad part... it didn't work right out of the box. I bought it on Prince Edward Island while passing through Charlottetown on the way home from a job site about 1 hour on the other side of town and the toll for getting back on the mainland over Confederation Bridge costs more than the pedal.

So I opened it up and checked inside. Really Jet City? I hope the guy building this pedal was on his first day at work and never soldered before because even I can solder a wire to an input jack. Nice that it was an easy fix, but such a simple flaw that there was no excuse for either the builder or whoever is doing QC to have caught it.

Congrats on a great sounding distortion pedal Jet City, but make sure your employees, whether in USA or some distant Chinese factory, are able to use a soldering iron.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	5845432

Re: NPD - Soldano in a box

That flipping bridge toll is ridiculous!!! I haven't been back to P.E.I. in about 10 years & it was crazy then...

Cool pedal though, glad you got it functioning properly.....
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Pair it with their Flood Delay...

Soldano in a box eh?
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Best thing I could compare it too. Reminds me of a very high gain tube amp.

Comment

Using it with a clean channel or dirty?
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

So far, with clean channel, but at lower gain settings I bet it will sound nice with an crunchy amp

Comment

Working...
            X