T-rex Fuel Tank Chameleon - Cutting Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-rex Fuel Tank Chameleon - Cutting Out

My T-rex Chameleon seems to have an intermittent issue cutting out on output 2 (jumpers set to 9V). I've tried it with several pedals and cords with the same problem. It will work for awhile (random amount of time) and then suddenly stop working. If I turn the T-rex off and then on again, it resets, works for several minutes, only to do it again. I don't seem to have the same problem on any of the other outputs.

Anyone had any similar issues or suggestions? I don't mind and can repair things, I just haven't messed with a power supply before.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Re: T-rex Fuel Tank Chameleon - Cutting Out

Could be the regulator IC for that output is faulty & shutting itself down. You could try replacing it & see if it works otherwise the problem could also be broken solder contacts. Open it if not under warranty & see if anything has burn marks alonf that outlet trace.

Comment

Sorry, mine has worked fine for years. Did you reach out to TRex customer support? They’re a pretty small company and likely willing to answer questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
        Sorry, mine has worked fine for years. Did you reach out to TRex customer support? They’re a pretty small company and likely willing to answer questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        I haven't. I figured I'd see if anyone had anything similar first. My experience with contacting companies out of warranty is that it typically isn't cost effective to repair anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
          Could be the regulator IC for that output is faulty & shutting itself down. You could try replacing it & see if it works otherwise the problem could also be broken solder contacts. Open it if not under warranty & see if anything has burn marks alonf that outlet trace.
          I'll open it up and see. It's not under warranty.

Comment

Working...
          X