Reel on a Repeating Loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reel on a Repeating Loop

I'm looking to buy a looper and am thinking of the boss rc-3 or dijitech jmsxt jamman. Don't want a bunch of effects though. Just something that can store a decent amount of backers and has good playback time.
    Any thoughts on these or are there others that should be considered? Thanks.

Re: Reel on a Repeating Loop

Both the Boss and Digitech are good for storing loops used as backing tracks to practice over. You don't need a ton of loop time for that (they are loops after all). If you want to get into manipulating loops in real time, and improvising with them, you are gonna have to look at other loopers, though.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by PS412 View Post
      I'm looking to buy a looper and am thinking of the boss rc-3 or dijitech jmsxt jamman. Don't want a bunch of effects though. Just something that can store a decent amount of backers and has good playback time.
      Any thoughts on these or are there others that should be considered? Thanks.
      If you define decent and good you may get better recommendations. How many tracks and how long?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
        If you define decent and good you may get better recommendations. How many tracks and how long?

Decent would be able to store say 20 plus backers good playback would mean play about an infinite amount of time untill I stop it. Never used one so really its all greek to me.
        I am hoping to be able to store a backing riff that is not a typical 3 chord repeat for 20 seconds. Would like to be able to store say a fairly complex run think "solo intermingled with chording" of 2 or so minutes of duration and loop it and then play another"solo intermingled with chording" type run over top.
        Like I said never used one advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

The ones you mentioned are likely your best bet based on that. Both should do it. Another one is the nux core loop.

Comment

Good to know but may I pick your or someone elses' brain some more, which would be the more durable and user friendly.

Comment

I just picked up the T.C Electronics Ditto very easy to use no fancy gismos on this one. It works well and is compact, its also well built. does nothing but loop. 5 minutes of looping has undo/redo and unlimited overdubs.
              Last edited by Godin15; 10-07-2017, 07:42 PM.
              If learning isn't difficult at times you're not learning.

RocknRoll will never die ( I wont let it! )

Comment

"NU-X Loop Core"
                Most storage and longest loop phrase.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Just putting a list together for Mrs.Claus. The local shop doesn't carry any so have to order it. I generally follow the no play no pay rule, but hey, what can you do sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                  X