banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vertex Steel String Clean Drive - Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vertex Steel String Clean Drive - Thoughts?

Anyone tried one of these? The sound clips and reviews I've seen all point to a really cool pedal.
    Last edited by treyhaislip; 10-19-2017, 07:46 PM. Reason: reviews not views

Re: Vertex Steel String Clean Drive - Thoughts?

Really? Google vertex and gear page, spend an hour or two learning the whole sordid tale, and then buy a pedal from someone who hasn't ripped people off over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
      Really? Google vertex and gear page, spend an hour or two learning the whole sordid tale, and then buy a pedal from someone who hasn't ripped people off over and over.
      Admiting you were wrong and reimbursing anyone who bought one was big enough for Robben Ford to vouch for him.

And from your response I take it that you haven’t tried the pedal?

Comment

Well then give it a try and let me know how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
          Well then give it a try and let me know how it is.
          I ordered one and will try to post something when it is delivered.

Comment

There was one used at a local store... I'll go see if it's still there and give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
              There was one used at a local store... I'll go see if it's still there and give it a go.
              Curious as to what you thought?

got mine in...very interesting pedal! Really affects the feel for me. Makes me realize how sloppy I play!

Comment

So, what exactly, does it do? Is it just a clean drive? Buffer? Inquiring minds want to know.

Just found a decent video, but it sounds like it's just a volume boost. I can't hear how it's any different than say, a SFX-01 or Pickup Booster.

Dang. Video not showing up. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe2Psu3l9e4
                Last edited by ArtieToo; 11-06-2017, 04:46 AM.

Comment

I think it's suppose to be a Dumble Steel String Singer amp in a box.

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                    Curious as to what you thought?

got mine in...very interesting pedal! Really affects the feel for me. Makes me realize how sloppy I play!
                    They sold it by the time I went back to the store. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. These things are trendy right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                      So, what exactly, does it do? Is it just a clean drive? Buffer? Inquiring minds want to know.

Just found a decent video, but it sounds like it's just a volume boost. I can't hear how it's any different than say, a SFX-01 or Pickup Booster.
                      To me, it really fattens up the tone. Hard to explain without trying but it makes a huge difference in the feel for me whether through my Fender Blues Deluxe or straight through my iPhone.

Definitely a boost (fat boost at that) that can push an amp into overdrive territory but even with the drive all the way up the pedal itself produces very little overdrive.

Again, this one really shapes the response and feel for me. Different from any other boost I've used before as this feels totally different in the response.

Here's a clean recording I did:

And here's a recording with drive:

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
                      I think it's suppose to be a Dumble Steel String Singer amp in a box.
                      Yup, that's what it is.

From Vertex, "The Steel String Clean Drive faithfully recreates the tonality and feel of the iconic Dumble Steel String Singer amplifier in a stompbox format. Designed alongside a real Steel String Singer (#001), this 100% analog tone tool will do it all from Overdrive, to Fat Boost, to Compression, to EQ shaping and more. Get the unmistakable Crystal-Clear Overdrive and Fat Clean Tones from albums like "Texas Flood", "Venus Isle", and "Continuum" through any clean amp platform."

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                      They sold it by the time I went back to the store. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. These things are trendy right now.
                      That's a shame, would have liked input from another forum member.

Comment

Working...
                      X