Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Rex Fuel Tank Chameleon

Anyone have one? Like it?

I put a deposit on a used one at GC today, being held for another 10 days. It'll be my first pedal power supply. I've looked at the Voodoo Labs stuff a few times, but didn't want to spend that much. GC had the T-Rex for $59.

At the most, I'll probably run 4, maybe 5 pedals. One being an MXR 10 band which the T-Rex can handle with one of the outs being switchable to 18v. All the outs are isolated and 300mA.

Is there a big difference between this one and other brands?

Re: T-Rex Fuel Tank Chameleon

Provided that they're isolated outputs, there really isn't a big difference. I had a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus that I gave to longcat when I bought my new board, and I looked at a bunch of options including the Walrus Audio Phoenix, One Spot Pro CS12, and Pedal Power Mondo. I needed 12 9V outputs and an AC pass-thru, so the Pedal Power Mondo ended up being the best option, but I would have had no problem using any of those other supplies. I also use a regular (non-isolated) One Spot when I only need to power up to 3 pedals at once.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

T-Rex Fuel Tank Chameleon

Misread the post sorry.

Comment

My small board is powered by the Chameleon. I love it for the size, 300ma outputs (powers Strymon and other digital pedals), 18v options for those that need it (MXR Flanger) and the cables. (Best daisy chain cable I've used). The only negative is that it's not toroidal, so keep it on the other side of your board from your wah.

Here are a few configurations I've used it for:

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Mine has served me well for a long time and a lot of use!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have used the Chameleon and the Junior for the last 4 years. Not a single problem. I highly recommend T-rex power supplies.

Send from my Atari 800XL.

Comment

Working...
            X