New Pedal Announcement: La Super Rica Fuzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pedal Announcement: La Super Rica Fuzz

Introducing Seymour Duncan's newest fuzz pedal, La Super Rica.

Click image for larger version

Name:	La-Super-Rica-11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	5845900

La Super Rica means “super rich”, and this silicon fuzz is just that. Inspired by iconic fuzz sounds, we built on the classic with a parametric midrange for maximum versatility.

We started with our favorite silicon fuzz circuit – you know, the one used by all your favorite guitar players from the sixties and seventies – and set out to see if we could improve on the classic. First we brought it up to modern standards by adding a true-bypass switch, an LED and a standard 9v power connection. We also bumped up the overall volume of the pedal so that it would be easier to match levels with your amp and added a low-contour voicing switch with three settings – so whether you’re using single coils, humbuckers, or even a bass, La Super Rica can keep up.

Name:	La-Super-Rica-16.jpg
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	5845901

We could have stopped there, but we weren’t satisfied yet. What we wanted most was the ability to shape how La Super Rica sits in a mix. Many fuzz pedals don’t allow you to shape the mid-range, resulting in either a scooped sound that gets lost when you add bass and drums to the equation, or unpleasant frequencies that can lead to ear fatigue. So, after some pondering, we added a parametric mid-range control so you can dial in as much (or as little) of exactly the right frequency to fit your mix.

The result is a super rich fuzz pedal that is as versatile as it is toneful – capable of reproducing the iconic sounds that inspired it, as well as a surprising array oother fuzz tones – from blues and psychedelic rock to desert rock and stoner metal. How you use it is up to you. Designed and made in the USA, La Super Rica continues our legacy of attention to detail and quality.

Name:	LSR-board-7.jpg
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	5845902

SPECIFICATIONS
    Type of circuitry: Discrete compound transistor front end with semi-parametric mid control
    Bypass: True hard-wire bypass
    Mid: Adjusts level of mid band selected by frequency control by +/-10 dB
    Frequency: Sets frequency of mid control from 548 Hz to 2.2 kHz
    Level: Adjusts output level from 0 to 1.5 V Max
    Gain: Sets Gain amount from 62 to 80 dB (measured at - 3.0 kHz, compensated for internal attenuation)
    3-Position toggle switch: Selects between 3 different low frequency characteristics
    Input Impedance: Approx. 500ohms to 10kohms, depending on Gain setting, low to high
    Output impedance: 100 ohms
    Noise referred to input: <125dBV, A-weighted
    Power: 9V battery or external 9 to 18V regulated DC adapter (center pin negative)
    Current consumption: 7mA in operational mode
    Dimensions: 2.61” X 4.90” X 1.45
    Weight: 0.8 lb. without battery

"The La Super Rica quite literally sounded great out of the box. I set everything at 12 o’clock and it immediately inspired me to conjure riffs I’d never played before."
    - Alastair Greene

Administrator of the SDUGF

Big muff with param mids ? Sounds very promising!

When does it hit stores?

Not to be that guy but I’m not sure the translation is what they were after. La super rica translates to the super wealthy female. Pedal in Spanish is male and I bet they didn’t mean rich as in wealthy but rather abundant or tasty. http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Re: New Pedal Announcement: La Super Rica Fuzz

Originally posted by Blille View Post
      Not to be that guy but I’m not sure the translation is what they were after. La super rica translates to the super wealthy female. Pedal in Spanish is male and I bet they didn’t mean rich as in wealthy but rather abundant or tasty. http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/rich
      It works for me. It's kind of ambiguous and I like it.
      It can be taken as "wealthy", also as "abundant" and, at least in Chilean slang, as "sexy" as well!

I like having all those interpretations at my fingers.
      Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
      Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
      Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
      Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Cool. I'll have to try it.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Looks fun.
          green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

This thing looks cool. But I wonder if it will cover new ground that I can't achieve with my Palladium and Earthquake Dream Crusher. I'll probably need to find out "hands on".

Comment

I bet they didn’t mean rich as in wealthy but rather abundant or tasty.

I have a feeling the name is in reference to La Super-Rica Taqueria, the world famous hole-in-the-wall Mexican food joint in Santa Barbara, CA. It was popularized by the late Julia Child and more recently, name-checked by local home girl Katy Perry in her "This Is How We Do" music video.

Definitely worth a visit if you're in SB. I was trying to figure out how the name was supposed to fit with the sound, but your mention of "tasty" seems to be a likely reason of what they were going for!
              Last edited by Great_Kazoo; 11-18-2017, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Great_Kazoo View Post
                I have a feeling the name is in reference to La Super-Rica Taqueria, the world famous hole-in-the-wall Mexican food joint in Santa Barbara, CA. It was popularized by the late Julia Child and more recently, name-checked by local home girl Katy Perry in her "This Is How We Do" music video.

Definitely worth a visit if you're in SB. I was trying to figure out how the name was supposed to fit with the sound, but your mention of "tasty" seems to be a likely reason of what they were going for!
                This was my thought, too. But, I have to say, that place is awesome.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Great_Kazoo View Post

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  This was my thought, too. But, I have to say, that place is awesome.
                  Very cool! I love SB and Mexican food so I’m looking for it next time I go visit

Comment

Big muff with param mids ? Sounds very promising!

When does it hit stores?

Think more of a 'Face' style fuzz. The first dealer shipment has already gone out, so there should be some out in the world already!

Comment

Originally posted by Riley View Post
                      Think more of a 'Face' style fuzz. The first dealer shipment has already gone out, so there should be some out in the world already!
                      Nice!

Any idea about how it takes a buffer? That’s my usual problem with face fuzzes.

Comment

As with most 'face' style fuzz pedals, a buffer in front of La Super Rica will affect the sound/performance of the pedal, but I've found that setting the voicing switch to 'lean' can help quite a bit, making it very usable after a buffer.

Comment

looking forward to trying this!

Comment

New demo by Shnobel

Comment

Did Seymour Duncan get permission to use that name? When I was doing some google search it happens to be some the same name of a mexican food restaurant in Santa Monica, CA.
                              Who took my guitar?

Comment

Working...
                              X