• Show
Clear All

• Swedish Death Metal tone

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1514497333900.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	5846500

okay i've bought this pos pedal cuz it's a cheap clone of the mythical pos used by the whole swedish Death scene, you know the infamous boss hm-2.

I've done everthing i had read or saw on YouTube and still can't get that chunky thick entombed tone, i even have a red stripe peavey transtube (which seems to be the ultimate amp for that tone as everybody says it works better with a solidstate Peavey specially red stripe ones) so i'm completely clueless what i'm doing wrong

Re: Swedish Death Metal tone

From what I've read those tones were achieved by maxing all the HM-2 dials and running it infront of an already distorted tube amp head.
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Originally posted by Van Noord View Post
      From what I've read those tones were achieved by maxing all the HM-2 dials and running it infront of an already distorted tube amp head.
      Okay, this is probably the 5th post i've seen that recomends a tube amp over a ss amp for the swedish tone but trust me, i've dimed the pedal and even ran an od before and after ir with amp gain dimed and the best i get is a cocked wah fuzz like tone with a ton of feedback

Comment

For Swedish death metal, you want an MT-2 Metalzone. You run it into a clean SS amp. Volume at 3 o clock, bass at 3 o clock, treble at 3 o clock, mid shift at 9 o clock, mids at 9 o clock, distortion at 2 o clock. Don't run it into a dirty amp setting, you'll just get mush and fizz.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

No, use the HM-2 not the MT-2...into a distorted clean signal from a tube amp. Not distortion... distorted...as in heavy overdrive/breakup.

Comment

Those pedals suck and there are way better ways to sound heavy.
            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

The thing about the swedish deathmetal chainsaw tone is that it generally sounds terrible by itself.
              It's when it's in a full, loud band context that it becomes something more. Not a metal tone I strive for personally.

Comment

The thing about Swedish death metal tone is that it's supposed to sound nasty, ugly and painful. Not sweet, smooth and creamy.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Get this thing. Its not bad.
                  Find what you are looking for at Guitar Center with the GuitarCenter.com site map. Browse by product, brand and more

Comment

I'd go with the Fangs out of the newer tc pedals.

Last edited by dave74; 01-01-2018, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gplayerzzz View Post
                      Didn't realize this was specifically for SDM-tone. Eyemaster name makes no sense to me. I wonder why they called it that.
                      I also wonder why it's $10 more but has less controls than the fangs. (?)
                      Maybe something in it is of better quality. (?)
                      Last edited by dave74; 01-01-2018, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Thought this was fitting here for reference. I'm so stupid for selling mine way back. It would have been dated mid/late-80s so probably MIJ.
                        I always thought it was too loose and undefined, even weak, but I was just starting guitar and hadn't a clue nor descent amp or cab.

Mainly posting this for the awesome shirt!

Comment

Okay so i've been dicking around with this thing and i'm still not on the sweetspot but i'm close to it

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1514805497295.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	5804668

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                            Didn't realize this was specifically for SDM-tone. Eyemaster name makes no sense to me. I wonder why they called it that.
                            "Eyemaster" is the name of the opening track of Entombed's 1993 album "Wolverine Blues". Its basically what put them on the map, and with that, popularized the HM-2 Swedish Death sound.
                            The pedal in question is Behringer/TC's recreation of the HM-2.
                            Last edited by Coma; 01-03-2018, 07:55 AM.
                            --------------------------------------------------------
                            1973 Aria 551
                            1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
                            1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
                            1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
                            1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
                            1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
                            2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                              Thought this was fitting here for reference. I'm so stupid for selling mine way back. It would have been dated mid/late-80s so probably MIJ.
                              I always thought it was too loose and undefined, even weak, but I was just starting guitar and hadn't a clue nor descent amp or cab.

Mainly posting this for the awesome shirt!

That was awesome! Long time owner/user. This guys understands this pedal!!! There are other uses however....I have a setting called Mr. Growley.
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X