comments on a MIAB!....again :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comments on a MIAB!....again :)

Hello all! I've got a Blackstar S1 which I'm really liking but I really crave that high-gain Marshall sound...
    I've heard great things about the dls mkii but there's not many on the 2nd hand market atm so I'm looking at a Marshall Jackhammer... It's a fair deal cheaper... or is it two cheap to be good?! Thoughts please! Is the Jackhammer a goer or should I rather wait 'til something else pops up?
    Would appreciate any comments... thanks!

Re: comments on a MIAB!....again

MI Audio Super Crunch Box. Probably around 100 bucks on the used market. Pretty versatile pedal. The Crunch Boxes go back, probably, 10 years or more. Don't see much discussion of them but they were popular at one point. So many "boutique" Marshall in a box pedals these days is probably why. Maybe worth checking some video demos out anyway.

Comment

Re: comments on a MIAB!....again

The Jackhammer OD side is a nice JCM800 style sound. The distortion mode is muddy and noisy and my experience is it's a tone sucking little vampire. Overall, there are much better MIAB pedals but it will get the job done if you can deal with its short comings.

There are mods for making the distortion mode more usable and I'm sure you could probably find info on naming it true bypass somewhere or if you use a switcher, it's not going to be much of an issue.

Comment

Working...
      X