DIY Pedalboard: I got cool idea and considering the budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DIY Pedalboard: I got cool idea and considering the budget

Please excuse if my previous post was rude. No excuse, but I was a little drunk last night. What I should've said is:

I think the trend of boutique pedalboards is silly. This is likely because I've never been much of a pedal guy. I'm not against boards, per se, but they're getting as silly as the refrigerator sized racks from the 80's.

Mark Lettieri from Snarky Puppy uses a cutting board from Target. I think that's pretty cool.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I'm surprised that the market isn't flooded with Chinese clones of the Pedaltrain line. Maybe Alibaba is loaded with them? I know that Donner has a board that is about the size of a Pedaltrain Classic 1. About 60 bucks with a bag. That's half the price of the Pedaltrain. Cant speak for overall quality but I'd take a flyer on one if that's the size I needed.

Comment

I've seen people with 7 pedals plugging in on the floor, frantically trying to find a battery in their gig bag, or trying to figure out which patch cord isn't working, while the audience and the rest of the band stand around and watch. It isn't that that can't happen with a regular pedalboard, but it is less likely to happen, as the wires don't move around as much.
        That only needs to happen to a guitarist once, and they find a good solution the day after the gig.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
          I think the trend of boutique pedalboards is silly. This is likely because I've never been much of a pedal guy. I'm not against boards, per se, but they're getting as silly as the refrigerator sized racks from the 80's.
          I agree. Very rarely there's any need for those ridiculous command centers you see some guitarists have.
          "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
          Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

After some home-alone jamming last night, I once again pulled it back to two pedals, *maybe* three. Don't listen to anything I say about boards.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

After some home-alone jamming last night, I once again pulled it back to two pedals, *maybe* three. Don't listen to anything I say about boards.
              Well here you go then!!!
              This thing is perfect for a few units and still has the "feel" of having them flat on the floor just like I prefer.
              Obviously need all angled-plugs to make the most of the small area, and a power-all or 1spot kit.

It will say since it's on sale for $19 that coupons won't apply,,,,,,,,,,,,,just call it in with at least another item and the total order discount will go through.
              So $17 and change takes it home today,,,,,,,,provided you can wait a couple months until it's back in-stock lol.

Get the guaranteed best price on Pedalboards like the Road Runner Pedalboard All-In-1 Gig Bag at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.
              Last edited by dave74; 01-21-2018, 02:04 PM.

Comment

That is nice. Probably cheaper than building one.

Comment

That is nice. Probably cheaper than building one.
                  Scrolling through the pics it even shows a small roll of included velcro for sticking the pedals. That's worth a few$ right there.

Comment

Cancel all that.

Just got a MF email that my Peavey Rage 258 is not due for ANOTHER two months! lol
                    I said forget both that and this backorder road-rimmer pedalwannabe.
                    Will take a few days but I get $103 back. Paypal already shows it but the bank takes longer they said.

After discount this gator is $105, so it would be an even trade to the money I had already spent.
                    Anyone use these or have opinions on the durability?

Last edited by dave74; 01-23-2018, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Please excuse if my previous post was rude. No excuse, but I was a little drunk last night. What I should've said is:

Mark Lettieri from Snarky Puppy uses a cutting board from Target. I think that's pretty cool.
                      I use a tuner pedal and an overdrive. I'm screwing them down to either a piece of thin plywood or a license plate just to keep them from getting damaged in transit and to eliminate all setup/teardown hassle. Even with two pedals.

But I'm with you on the spaceship command centers. Generally, if I see a giant board full of pedals in front of a guitar player they are either going to sound terrible or they are going to play music I don't like. (That last bit was just to give everyone something to do: posting "But what about______? He uses 372 pedals and he sounds great!" over and over until I apologize for my taste in music.)

Comment

I don't see how guys step over pedals to hit other pedals,,,,but then some pros have their techs doing some of the switching.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                          Well here you go then!!!
                          This thing is perfect for a few units and still has the "feel" of having them flat on the floor just like I prefer.
                          Obviously need all angled-plugs to make the most of the small area, and a power-all or 1spot kit.

It will say since it's on sale for $19 that coupons won't apply,,,,,,,,,,,,,just call it in with at least another item and the total order discount will go through.
                          So $17 and change takes it home today,,,,,,,,provided you can wait a couple months until it's back in-stock lol.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...02055000001000
                          I really wanted to order that. Awesome deal.

With shipping it would have been 60€ to here (80$)... I figure out something cheaper...
                          "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                          Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
                          X