Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wample Triple Wreck

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
    Mantis, what amp are you running into the clean channel of?

I may have to look into one.. Wanting triple rec tones, but not all the time.

Was checking online and notice a difference. Some of them have smaller lettering that looks written on, and others look more like a logo.
    Any difference in/between those??

Funny what you said about dialing one in. was so excited one day at a music store when I got to plug into a Mesa as Id wanted to try one for years.. I couldnt get a good sound to save my life. (didnt have a lot of time) I learned afterwards that it takes a learning curve to dial one in
    I have a Krank Revolution 1. It sounds much like a Fender Twin Reverb or Fender Bassman 10 for the clean channel. Killer head room and plenty of warmth and clarity.
    The Triple Wreck pedal like the Mesa Heads are a bit tricky to dial in. Once you learn how to dial in a Mesa or this pedal, it's absolutely some of the best tones one can achieve in my opinion anyway. Check out my settings on mine.Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1032.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	5805365
    Here's my amp. I got rid of the EVH as I hated the Shared Clean and Drive channel.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1598.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	5805366

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
      It might also give some interesting tones into a tube-driven clean with the gain at the edge of breakup, or into a dirty channel with the gain very low.
      I've used many "metal" pedals in that manner, and it usually adds some warmth and fullness that just isn't there otherwise. Not sure with this one though.

Man I never realized Wampler was only 90 miles from me!!!
      If I lived that close to them I would request a factory tour and demo of all their stuff. I'd love to sit down and test drive everything they make. As good as the Triple Wreck is I want another OD style pedal from them.

Comment

Those KRANK Rev1 2x12s are killer....
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Originally posted by Van Noord View Post
          Those KRANK Rev1 2x12s are killer....
          Even their pedals were great.

I'm not sure on the newer stuff and haven't read any first-hand opinions on the new models.
          The Krankenstein has always had my interest since I never got to hear one in-room. People always bragged on their lighting fast response.

Comment

Working...
          X