Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soderless cables

Hey everyone,
    I have been using the Planet Waves Soderless cables for my pedal board. But I discovered that the Boss ES-8 has loops that the 1/4 connectors need to go in straight and not angled. So basically I can purchase a ton of the Planet Waves straight ends or go with another company that has those cool straight or angle plugs universal.

I saw Boss now has them but who else is everyone using that's high quality?

Re: Soderless cables

Boss, Lava, BTPA, Evidence and Disaster Area right angles all fit. George L’s mostly fit.

Alternatively you could solder with Mogami 2319, Switchcraft 380 (switcher Side) and your choice of angled/pancake connectors (pedal side).
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I looked at the George L's and they all seem angled in the kits. Like Planet waves you have to purchase straight ends seperately.

Comment

I would stick with the Planet Waves ends if you are planning on modding your existing cables (I think that's what you were saying). The ends from the different companies are pretty much designed to match up with their cables so, if the diameters of the cables are different, some may not work.

Comment

I agree with PFDarkside. If you can solder, pick up some of the short barrel Switchcraft 380's for straight connectors. They are about 3 bucks each, which is still cheap compared to the solderless connectors.

Comment

Let me clarify.

If you are changing systems completely, all the brands I mentioned have angled connectors that fit the ES-8 spacing.

I agree with devastone, the systems are all unique, you pretty much need their cables and connectors.

If soldering is ok, the options I listed are the best for the ES-8.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks very much guys. I'm gonna try the new guy on the block in the Boss Pedal board cable system. I ordered a 24 and 12 pack so I'll have 36 feet of cable and 36 ends to work with.
              Maybe I'm mental on some level or more but I just enjoy building Pedal boards. I could easily do it for a living if I could live off such a thing.

Comment

These solderless plugs can be assembled either straight or right-angled. I use a combination of these and pancake connectors on my board.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
                X