Old Fulltone Full-Drive 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Fulltone Full-Drive 2

Found this at a pawn shop that I pop into every now and then. They had $40 on it, the guy said he can do $30 out the door. I was not familiar with these old ones. At first, I thought it was a kit pedal, until I flipped it over and saw Mike Fuller's signature and dated 1/96. "Ok", I thought, "This could be cool".

The tone and overdrive pots are a little scratchy. I'll hit them all with cleaner later when I open it up. I'm liking the sound of this pedal, even though it seems a tad on the darker side. A little boosted treble with an eq pedal takes care of that. I've been playing through a DS-1 a lot the past few days, maybe my ears are used to hearing a little more highs. Or maybe the Fulltone is just a darker pedal.

I've done a little research on these since I got home. The oldest 4 knob I see mentioned on any forums or sites is 2/96. I'd like to take the Velcro off and see if there's more numbers to the serial number, but I'm afraid that'll ruin the sticker.

I'll try to get a video posted this weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-02-09-19-01-47.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	5846937

Name:	Screenshot_2018-02-09-19-01-50.jpg
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	5846938

Name:	Screenshot_2018-02-09-19-02-24.jpg
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	5846939

Name:	Screenshot_2018-02-09-19-01-36.jpg
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	5846941

Name:	Screenshot_2018-02-09-19-01-44.jpg
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	5846940

Re: Old Fulltone Full-Drive 2

Damn, nice score! Looking forward to hearing it.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I’ll take it off your hands for twice what you paid.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Mine is a much more recent MOSFET; great pedal.
        Originally posted by King Buzzo
        I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

That is definitely a cool find.

Comment

Comment

Well, apparently Warner Chappell doesn't like me playing Led Zeppelin riffs. Maybe my sloppy playing is too close to the original.......yeah, right.

It still shows on my YouTube. If you care to see it, maybe just search "1996 Fulltone Full-Drive 2 (FD2.1)" inYouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy View Post
                Well, apparently Warner Chappell doesn't like me playing Led Zeppelin riffs. Maybe my sloppy playing is too close to the original.......yeah, right.

It still shows on my YouTube. If you care to see it, maybe just search "1996 Fulltone Full-Drive 2 (FD2.1)" inYouTube.
                Cant find it with a search.

If it's blocked because of Led Zep content, they can eat ... nevemind.

Comment

thats pretty damn cool man and for $30, you got one hell of a deal too

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
                    Cant find it with a search.

If it's blocked because of Led Zep content, they can eat ... nevemind.

I can still watch it from my channel, but that's it.
                    Can't share or even search it from my other YouTube channel. Search Led Zeppelin covers and there's hundreds, whole songs even, but not mine. Oh well.

Never used Vimeo(?). Anyone use that or another video sharing site that I'd might be able to post this to and share?

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy View Post
                      I can still watch it from my channel, but that's it.
                      Can't share or even search it from my other YouTube channel. Search Led Zeppelin covers and there's hundreds, whole songs even, but not mine. Oh well.

Never used Vimeo(?). Anyone use that or another video sharing site that I'd might be able to post this to and share?
                      I was going to say that if they want to block all Led Zep content, they'll end up blocking butt loads of videos.

What if you were to re-title it and post it again. I wonder if that would work.

And I wonder if it's some type of geek software bot magic that flags the videos. I cant see it being done manually. You Tube would seem to be too busy to police manually.

Comment

Let's see how long this lasts.....

Comment

Sum-uh-nuh-bich!

Comment

Be afraid, be very afraid. They are watching you ...

Comment

In 1996, I lived walking distance from Mike Fuller, and remember all his early pedals. He had a couple guys and him assembling them in his small guest house.

The silver FD2's were essentially prototypes that he made his name on, to launch Fulltone. They didn't make many, so yours could be considered collectible.

As soon as Guitar Center wanted to sell his pedals, he came up with his signature enclosures, and the FDII came out in orange with no mini switches or pullup knobs.
                              A few months later, he added a pullup volume for flat mids. A year later, the color changed to blue w/pullup, then mini switches. In following years, they made various tweaked versions as Fulltone grew bigger and changed locations.....yellow, cream, candy apple 10th Ann, black FDIII. The Fulldrive II has quite a legacy.

I've had the early orange, blue, and cream. I've owned many Fulltone pedals over the years. The only one I still have is the Choralflange.
                              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                              X