• Wattage
    replied
    Re: NPD: 1st thing you buy when you get a non-MV amp lol

So yeah at volume I could use a little more EQ control

Leave a comment:

• Wattage
    replied

I'm sure it is great, my friend's shop doesn't carry much SD stuff unfortunately and they didn't have the 805.
    Last edited by Wattage; 03-04-2018, 09:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

If you like the TS, you will absolutely love the 805. I use one with my non-MV Mesa, and the 3 band EQ is so much better than a single tone control.

Leave a comment:

• justFred
    replied

http://https://youtu.be/3ljjrWojvpk

Leave a comment:

• JB_From_Hell
    replied

Uh-oh... non-MV amp... tubescreamer... Next thing you know, you’re gonna be using the volume knob on the guitar to adjust your drive levels

Leave a comment:

• TwilightOdyssey
    replied

Awesome! Sometimes a new config can inspire all sorts of new sounds and songs!

Leave a comment:

• Wattage
    replied

yup

I looked at a few nice variants but I decided on the classic TS

The Plimsoul is great, I really like it and I may get one down the line, every position sounds fantastic. The Tech21 BoostOD is really good and the Sparkle makes for a good presence setting. The Fat Drive is really nice too, it was a little thicker than I wanted for right now but I can totally see that working.

When I saw the Smithereens last year Jim Babiuk was using his on and off the whole time to great effect in front of his Marshall and that kind of stuck in my head when I made the final decision of which one to get. I am sure there are tons of great ones out there these days but I really didn't want to over think it.
    Last edited by Wattage; 03-04-2018, 08:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dave74
    replied

Good move. Such a simple way to get the impression of an amp pumping the h--- out-of the speakers.

Leave a comment:

• MetalManiac
    replied

TS/variant is the greatest in the world for Fender / Marshall classic tone. I know a lot of guys like other boosts , but IMHO, the TS just fits like a piece of a jigsaw puzzle into the front end of a Fender or Marshall.

Leave a comment:

• NPD: 1st thing you buy when you get a non-MV amp lol

Bought a new Tube Screamer Mini to go with the 18/30 I picked up

First time I've actually owned a TS but it sort of seemed like a necessity otherwise myself and everyone within a 2 mile radius of me was going to be deaf.

I don't have much of a board ,I use a small Black Bird board with a tuner, a boost and a boost/delay and that's about it unless something really fancy is happening. I have a few other cool things but when I am singing and playing they just get in the way. It would be fun just to be the guitar player again sometimes so I could totally geek out a bit but I like functional bands more than I like pedals
    Last edited by Wattage; 03-04-2018, 08:05 AM.
Working...
X