Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD - Lovepedal Jubilee

After a 3 week wait, it's here!

I got this for $50US during their recent 50% off sale.

Not sure if it actually sounds like the famed Marshall favoured by Randy Rhoads, but it definitely is in that Marshall amp territory. Doesn't seem to be a particularly high gain pedal, but then I don't recall the Jubilee Amps being very gainy without being boosted to that territory either.

It's fairly touch responsive if you keep the level no more than slightly above unity. When I first plugged it in it seemed like a high gain beast until I reaslized I was actually pushing my amp pretty hard with the level at 12 o'clock.

Put a boost or light overdrive before it and you can get scorching lead tones. I'm tempted to find a script logo MXR Distortion + to see if I can summon the ghost of Randy Rhoads.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1146.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	5847565

Re: NPD - Lovepedal Jubilee

Nice score! Congratulations, rock on.
    "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

Nice! The price was definitely right on that. Had I known about the sale I may have grabbed one.

Comment

randy used a jub?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          randy used a jub?
          Yup. At least after hooking up with Ozzy he did. Not sure what he had during thd Quiot Riot days.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            randy used a jub?
            Originally posted by ThisDyingSoul76 View Post
            Yup. At least after hooking up with Ozzy he did. Not sure what he had during thd Quiot Riot days.
            Not without time travel. Randy was killed on March 19, 1982 and AFAIK the Jubilee wasn't available until 1987. I've seen pictures of Zakk Wylde with a Jubilee now and again, but i don't know how much he used them. That's also the only Ozzy / Jubilee connection I'm aware of.

I've heard that Randy's Ozzy amps were customized model 1959 100W heads with 6550 output tubes and the normal channel cascaded into the bright channel instead of being wired in parallel (the Ritchie Blackmore mod). During Quiet Riot he used a Peavey Standard; both amps were boosted with an MXR Distortion+.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

My mistake.

I always thought the white amp here was a Jubilee. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G3LvhdFEOqs

Comment

If you're after Randy's tone, an MXR Distortion+ into a Marshall is a great start; it deosn't seem to matter which speakers you use. I currently own an early block (no LED) Distortion+, and I used to have a slightly later one with the LED. Both pedals sound virtually identical, though I don't know how the reissues compare. The circuit is really simple, so I doubt there's much difference between any of them.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisDyingSoul76 View Post
                  My mistake.

I always thought the white amp here was a Jubilee. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G3LvhdFEOqs
                  Jubilees were silver, that is a white Superlead.

Marshall did make a RR tribute head - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13QNqZtvRVk

Comment

Killer deal on the pedal.

Comment

How’s about a heads up next time brosiff

Comment

Working...
                      X