banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help With Broken Distortion Pedal (Boss HM-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Broken Distortion Pedal (Boss HM-2)

So I got an old beat up HM2 for dirt cheap and the thing sounds amazing but every time I turn it on it takes like two to three seconds for the distortion to kick in. I already opened it to check it out and found that the ASA to PSA mod (convert it from 12volts to 9volts) has already been made, the funny thing about this glitch is that after the effect kicks in I can turn the pedal on and off rapidly and it works fine. I'm guessing the culprit is a bad capacitor, any clues?

Re: Help With Broken Distortion Pedal (Boss HM-2)

Don’t worry man just adds to KVLT value of it.
    Guitars:
    Daemoness Atlantean (unknown Bareknuckles) D
    PRS SE Mark Holcomb (Alpha/Omega set) Drop C
    ESP LTD EC-1000 FR (EMG Het Set) D
    Jackson USA WR1 Absinthe Frost (EMG 81/85) D
    Ibanez MMM1 (Blackouts) Drop A
    Ibanez RGIT20FE-SBF (Loomis Blackout Neck/Mick Thomson Blackout Bridge) Drop C
    Ibanez SZ320 (ibanez/duncan pickups) Drop D
    Schecter Synyster Gates Custom (Invaders set) D
    Aristides 060 (Bareknuckle Aristides Customs) D

Comment

Originally posted by JFichtl View Post
      So I got an old beat up HM2 for dirt cheap and the thing sounds amazing but every time I turn it on it takes like two to three seconds for the distortion to kick in. I already opened it to check it out and found that the ASA to PSA mod (convert it from 12volts to 9volts) has already been made, the funny thing about this glitch is that after the effect kicks in I can turn the pedal on and off rapidly and it works fine. I'm guessing the culprit is a bad capacitor, any clues?
      Definitely sounds like a capacitor charging up to reach steady state. I don’t know the circuit, so can’t advise further, sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 6stringerguy View Post
        Don’t worry man just adds to KVLT value of it.
        I just have to time every clean to dirty transition around the pedal, now I know how Opeth got their sound!

Comment

Working...
        X