Buying a Boss Ns-2 is a good idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buying a Boss Ns-2 is a good idea?

I have the standard Decimator 1 (non-G-string) pedal. Don't get me wrong, I use it, and it works. I simply don't find it to be the be all end all some people describe it as. JMO.
    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 06-12-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Buying a Boss Ns-2 is a good idea?

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
      I have the standard Decimator 1 (non-G-string) pedal. Don't get me wrong, I use it, and it works. I simply don't find it to be the be all end all some people describe it as. JMO.
      I’m saying that the G-String version is the one to get. The prior versions are one trick ponies. It’s either in the loop or out front...the G-String is capable of both as is the NS-2.

I have 2 NS-2 units and they work great too. I just find that the ISP has a softer gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Reigner View Post
        my effect chain is just amplitube 4, LOL
        If it is chopping notes off I would play the input levels of your interface and with the settings and placement of the noise gate in Amplitube. Not sure putting a hardware gate in front will be any better than using the one in Amplitube. I haven't used Amplitube in years, but you might see if you can set the "sense" to the input and have the gate after the amp, like you would with a NS or a G-string.

Comment

I've never had any issues with my old original version Decimator. I used it with a Rectifier, 5150 II, Marshall DSL, and Fender Hot Rod and it did exactly what it was supposed to do; cut noise and not get in the way. I don't play without it on anymore.
          Originally posted by Rockstar216
          Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
            I’m saying that the G-String version is the one to get. The prior versions are one trick ponies. It’s either in the loop or out front...the G-String is capable of both as is the NS-2.

I have 2 NS-2 units and they work great too. I just find that the ISP has a softer gate.
            Does the G-string has actually two gates or is the loop for front of the amp only for picking up the signal (as I've understood)?

The Hush X2 I have does have two gates so I could use it to gate both, but having it at minimum setting before the fx loop return already cuts out all the noise perfectly well, so I haven't got a need for that.

I read about it and the 3.5 mm jacks are for linking two decimators together, so one in the loop and one in front work together in some way...
            "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
            Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

The ISP has a guitar in/out as well as a send/return (which they label as Dec/in/out.
              So it is capable of both cleaning up the signal in the loop as well as the front. That’s how I understand it.
              Whether or not it has two actual gates...I’m not sure about that.

Comment

No. The G-String has a single gate. The in jack is just what triggers the gate and the loop send is the gated signal.

Comment

Working...
                X