Pedal order help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal order help.

So I am trying to figure out what order to put some of my pedals in. Right now my signal path is tuner->mini wah->sd1->dod 410 mosfet boost->dod gunslinger to front of amp. I've never had this many boost/dirt pedals on a board at one time.
    I'm using the sd1 to boost my dirt channel.
    I'm plan on using the mosfet boost to add a different sound to my drive channel as well. I plan on using the gunslinger as a stand alone low to medium drive.
    Should I try to mosfet boost last? Or what would be a good order to try.

Re: Pedal order help.

Do you plan on stacking any? If not it doesn't matter.

A good starting point is from lightest to heaviest OD.

Boost at the beginning to juice the dirt or at the end to increase the volume of the dirt.

Comment

I'm using the sd1 as just a general gain boost. The mosfet boost is set up to give me a more sludgy sound. I plan on using the gunslinger on it own.

Comment

I think the way you have it now works then.

Comment

The fun part of being a guitarist is experimentation. I stack my gain weakest to strongest like most. I am also from that weird group that likes the wah last in the signal chain. Move stuff around and see how you like it.

Comment

Yeah. One man's body bag is another man's treasure trove.
            "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

I would recommend starting with one pedal and adding one at a time–see what pedals sound and respond better in a position. Trying them in all positions should give you the best analysis of what works best where.

Personally, I would recommend something like the EHX Switchblade+ especially since you are wanting to use the Gunslinger on its own...keep it out of the chain of the others being stacked.

Comment

on my little board i have it setup with most gain->compressor->less gain and it works well for me. usually only two are on at a time but all three play well together if i need that much. best thing to do is experiment and see what works best for you

Comment

Gain pedals can really be in any order. I've seen some crazy pedal orders out there that work for those people. Where you have it is fine, unless you are trying to do something that isn't possible with the order you have.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks guys I think I have the order situated. I'm still undecided about the gunslinger. It doesn't sound bad but there is a weird buzzy almost blown speaker character to it. I have read that it sounds best at 12 volts. So I plan on trying that.
                    Hopefully it will help.

Comment

Working...
                    X