Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boss dd-3 sounds bad in my effects loop

Originally posted by 67Mopar View Post
    Yes, but would not placing another buffered pedal also have an effect?

To the OP... You have used DD3's in the past, with successful results. Obviously, this one has an issue.
    1) Depends on the quality of the buffer I guess, but it won't fix the problem if the level is too hot, and of course, could make it worse if the buffer can't handle line levels.

2) Not necessarily, depends on where he has used DD-3s before, as I mentioned 3 or more times so far in this thread alone, Boss pedals don't like levels above instrument levels, a lot of effects loops are line level or close. Since it works fine in front of the amp, this would seem to be the case.

Comment

I have used dd3's with other amps before. But on alot of those I could adjust the level on the effects loop.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
        1) Depends on the quality of the buffer I guess, but it won't fix the problem if the level is too hot, and of course, could make it worse if the buffer can't handle line levels.

2) Not necessarily, depends on where he has used DD-3s before, as I mentioned 3 or more times so far in this thread alone, Boss pedals don't like levels above instrument levels, a lot of effects loops are line level or close. Since it works fine in front of the amp, this would seem to be the case.
        Interesting. Check this out... I tried running a Rockman stereo echo module in the loop of a Ampeg GVT15 yesterday. The volume is cut by at least 5O% when the module is engaged. I have two of these modules, same issue with both. Now, if I place a Rockman EQ module before the stereo echo, the levels are fine. WTF?

Comment

If the level of the loop is too hot for the Rockman, you will also notice clipping if you play clean, that is what is reducing the signal. If the signal comes through clean, just at a lower level, something is attenuating it in the module. I don't know much about the Rockman stuff, haven't messed with any of that in decades.

Comment

I have a DD7 and wish I still had my DD3 doh!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X