Wet Dry Wet With Digitech RP3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet Dry Wet With Digitech RP3?

I was told in my first thread that EVH used a wet dry wet signal for the Humans Being tone. When I Googled this it always comes back around to a stereo setup. Stereo in guitar seems to imply two amps with the guitar signal split in some way.

I don't have two guitar amps but my Digitech RP3 has two outputs that even say stereo l/r below them. I also have an old stackable Sony stereo system. The receiver part has a 1/4 input.

Can I use the RP3 to get signal to my amp and stereo this way, while using the effects in the RP3 to shape that Humans Being tone? It has pitch shifting like I was told I need, as well as many other effects.

Re: Wet Dry Wet With Digitech RP3?

Wet Dry Wet is at least 3 amps, left with effects, center dry, right with effects, but yes, the RP is stereo.

Comment

RP-3? Wow - that's a trip back in time!
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

There isn't a #34 preset. It only goes by 3s. 1-3 11-13 21-23 31-33 and on and on. According to the manual online, it has factory presets and user presets. Could the user preset be #34?

Last edited by RedDeansNRice; 07-26-2018, 07:01 PM.

Comment

hahahaha - no #34!!!! Pre-historic man!!!!

I have no idea what the arrangement is on that; I was just meant that in general every recent (again - since 2010 or so) has a clearly labeled VH tone built in, among others.

I bet I would love that....
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I'm sorry. I confused one thread for another. Should I move my response to the other thread about setting #37?

I may have confused myself in this whole process. Forums are new to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              I bet I would love that....
              I had an RP-6. Awesome delays, awesome modulations, AWESOME pedal controlled phaser, which was like the pukiest wah you ever heard.

Horrible whammy, horrible distortion. Huge lag time when switching presets.
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Sorry, never used one...

Comment

Originally posted by RedDeansNRice View Post
                  I'm sorry. I confused one thread for another. Should I move my response to the other thread about setting #37?

I may have confused myself in this whole process. Forums are new to me.
                  It is ok. Everyone learns sometime, and this forum group is small enough that we figure out posts for different threads. Aceman is just saying that somewhere in the factory presets that pedal probably has at least one "Van Halen sound." You just need to find it.
                  Have you tried just scrolling through them one at a time?

Comment

Why does the pitch shifter not sound good on my pedal? It sounds like all it does is make my guitar go out of tune. Am I using it wrong?

I can't find any presets that sound like VH. Most of them sound the same and have too much delay and reverb. The distortion really doesn't sound very good when compared to what I hear on YouTube and radio. It's too much static and hissing.

Comment

It might just be that effect unit does not mesh well with your amplifier. What do you get if you just run your guitar straight into your amplifier? I know it's not going to sound like Eddie, but does it sound okay? Okay-ish? Or lousy?

Comment

There is no distortion.

Comment

You should pawn that junk, scrape together $120 and buy a Fender Mustang amp.
                          green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I didn't pawn anything but I did get a new amp and speaker cabinet today. I am still learning how it works but I like it more. I will try to use both for stereo sound.

Comment

Working...
                            X