Boss Blues Driver mods for bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss Blues Driver mods for bass

I run both my guitar and bass though the same pedal board, with a split signal chain from a POG that I can toggle from one amp to another depending on if I want to go octave up into the guitar amp with my bass or, octave down with my guitar into the bass amp. I also run my bass into both signal paths in parallel into the front end of the bass amp if I'm just playing normal bass stuff. I want to use my Blues Driver with my bass but it drops a lot of low end since its not really made for those frequencies.

I was looking into modding the BD-2 to be able to toggle between normal guitar frequencies and the low end for bass. I saw the keeley mod has a toggle for more bass (I don't really have an idea as to if that's what I'm looking for) I basically just want a mod that will allow me to use it with bass without it sounding like I'm losing all the bottom end, but I can still use it for guitar without it being muddy.

Any suggestions will be appreciated
    sigpic
    Warmoth Split Jazzmaster (Zhangbucker Crushbucker UOA5 splat, Cherrick tapped)
    Dunlop Crybaby
    MXR Custom Comp
    GFS Twin Overdrive
    Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver
    Blackstar HT-DISTX
    Seymour Duncan 84-40 (Weber Grey Wolf Light Dope)

Boss Blues Driver mods for bass

The closest I have is Wampler’s full body mod.

That said, I don’t think that will be ideal. Some guitar pedals cut the bass by design and it’s part of their sound.

You may be better off with a pedal that is known to work well with both bass and guitar (eg EHX Bass Muff), that retains bass by design (eg Nobels ODR-1) or that has EQ (eg SD 805).

Comment

Working...
    X