Remember the Boss VF-1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember the Boss VF-1?

I'm a Boss fanatic from way back, but I kinda missed the VF-1. I wasn't doing anything musical in the early 2000's; me and the missus were busy having kids and moving all around the country. Since I got back into guitar and related gear about 10 years ago, I've read that the VF-1 was pretty well-respected in its day. Anyway, I was digging through the effects bargain bin at my favorite not-really-local music store the other day, looking for a cheap compressor to put on my planned acoustic pedalboard (nothing major, just tuner, preamp/EQ, compressor, Dimension-style chorus).

Instead, I found a mint VF-1 (with the requisite power supply). I figure with one patch, it will do everything I planned for the acoustic board to do, and pretty much everything else I'll ever need effects-wise. It can go in the loop of my DSL, if I want. I can use it as a modeler for tracking in the studio. Vocal effects for use with a PA. It's got a little bit of everything, plus a bunch of weird effects that I wouldn't want to buy dedicated pedals for, like lo-fi, slicer, and step-wah.

I think I'm gonna have fun with this thing and of course, color-coordinating your studio gear... primo importance.

Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Re: Remember the Boss VF-1?

These were fun. I've owned a few over the years. I don't like the funky power supply, and its time-based effects were better than the 1st generation amp modeling and distortion, but it was still pretty awesome.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Heh have not seen one of these in a long time!
      Looks mighty clean!

Comment

Those were definitely a do everything box, and they did it pretty well! Old gen COSM amp modeling, but the effects were pretty cool (actually, the amps were pretty good for their time). Great studio tool, as it looks like you have discovered.

Comment

Boss made all kinds of cool little desktop sized processors...

I guess computer patches / modules took over. Something like that would be great for a drummer to add effects
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
          X