Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this pedal work

Hello

Can anyone please tell me if this pedal diagram will work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Guitar input pedal wiring.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	5849433

Re: Will this pedal work

Your switch isn't grounded
    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

What can I do to fix this? I have absolute no clue what to do

Comment

This is what I want to build up to with the A/AB/B on the input and A/AB/B on the output. But I have absolutely no clue what to do with the grounding of the switches. On the outputs switching I have there he les paul switch, if I use it for the inputs too will it then be grounded since I can see it is connected to the grounding chain.

Name:	Guitar ABXY pedal wiring.png
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	5810299

Comment

What exactly is it you want this to do? By the first diagram you posted it looks like you want to select between two different SOURCES to one OUTPUT?

In re: second diagram: If you want to A+B a source, passive mixing can cause issues and you would probably want some sort of active box for this
          TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

What I want to achieve is a pedal that can control on the inputs so that you can select between a or b or a and b, but I also want to be able after that to control the output between line a or line b or both of them. But like you mentioned you can have some problems with it and I don’t have a clue about it. So can you maybe help me with it, like whether it is even possible to do or do you need to keep the two inputs and two outputs seperate or whatever you must do to like get those swicthing options

Comment

I don't really understand your diagram, but you will need 2 switches, one for A or B and the other to combine the two. There are lots of premade footswitches to do this, and are pretty affordable after you figure in your time sourcing parts and building. If you want to do it yourself, google schematics for aby box.

Comment

I have looked on google for it but I can’t seem to find one with like a/b/y for the input and the output so I am trying to figure out how to combine the two into an all-in-one pedal that can handle both the pedals in a small unit

Comment

True bypass looper?

Comment

Originally posted by DR13 View Post
                    I have looked on google for it but I can’t seem to find one with like a/b/y for the input and the output so I am trying to figure out how to combine the two into an all-in-one pedal that can handle both the pedals in a small unit
                    Switches aren't directional so just call the input -> output, or call it John, or Fred, doesn't really matter. Depending on what you are trying to switch between/blend, you may want buffers and level control, can't really say without more info.

Comment

Yes like I want to like make two inputs like if two people play together but want to use the same effects chain so the two inputs must like become combined and then that output from those are like switchable. Can you like mix the diagram above this of devastone and like mirror it to also add two input swicthing.

Comment

Do you think it will work like this? I only mirrored your diagram above so that both sides will be controlled like that.

Name:	Double input Double output guitar wiring.jpg
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	5810317

Comment

Originally posted by DR13 View Post
                          Yes like I want to like make two inputs like if two people play together but want to use the same effects chain so the two inputs must like become combined and then that output from those are like switchable. Can you like mix the diagram above this of devastone and like mirror it to also add two input swicthing.
                          If you want to run two inputs to a single output, why do you need two outputs that are switchable? If you plan on running two guitars through the same effects chain at the same time, I think you're going to have a sonic mess anyway, but you wouldn't need two outputs to do it. And if you think you need two switchable outputs in order to kill one of the guitars, you can just do that by killing it at the input.

Comment

If these modes in the LS2 do what you need, I would just get one.

Passive is a true pain and you get these used quite cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                              If these modes in the LS2 do what you need, I would just get one.

Passive is a true pain and you get these used quite cheap.
                              +1

Everyone should have one LS-2 in their toolbox.
                              "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                              Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
                              X