New Loop Pedal Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Loop Pedal Day!

Yeah, Cheap, feature-packed (for entry level) & hopefully ..awesome! Can't wait to check it out

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rowin_Looper_1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	372.3 KB
ID:	5850459

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rowin_Looper_2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	325.3 KB
ID:	5850460

Built in drums (with footswitchable fills), 24 bit/48kHz recording. Should be a step up from my Nux Loopcore

There's a two button footswitch in the box somewhere underneath..have'nt located it yet
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: New Loop Pedal Day!

Cool!! Enjoy it!! Looper pedals are crazy fun.

Comment

Thanks! I have a youtube page full of tedious 15+ minute loop pedal jams so I do know that already

Checked out the drum machine, it sounds pretty good... a lot better than the crappy 'clicky typewriter' drum sounds my Nux pedal produces.

Seems pretty simple & straightforward to use as well. I'll hopefully be able to give tracking some guitars/jamming a go tomorrow..

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

How’s the mix and bypass? I’ve been thinking of incorporating some pads in the background of my playing but I’m always concerned that a cheap looper might screw my normal signal.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
          How’s the mix and bypass? I’ve been thinking of incorporating some pads in the background of my playing but I’m always concerned that a cheap looper might screw my normal signal.
          The Bypass is great, I don't hear any degradation of the normal signal at all. So far everything works fine and sounds awesome..

Here's a really quick, sloppy clip I just recorded from my AMT Stonehead (50 watt SS amp's) speaker simulated outlet straight into the loop pedal. Bass track was my Ibby SR plugged straight into the looper as well. Two rhythm tracks and one lead all using the same amp settings (my solo tone) 'cause it was just a quick test to see if everything worked ok.

No additional EQ or post production. The Sound quality is definitely a big step up from my 16 bit Nux Loop Core

Youtube

Comment

Good to hear, thanks!

Comment

I was a bout to ask for clip - and then suddenly BOOM! There it was.

Very cool!!!!
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Sounds AWESOME!!! More, please!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  I was a bout to ask for clip - and then suddenly BOOM! There it was.

Very cool!!!!
                  Thanks!

..and since when has anyone ever had to ask?

Originally posted by Old Guy View Post
                  Sounds AWESOME!!! More, please!!
                  Thank you! Definitely more to come ...will try it with some other amps this weekend..

Youtube

Comment

Well I just recorded a couple more clips..

Plugged into my 30W Laboga 'The Beast Classic' head's clean channel for this one (crunch). SR 370E Bass plugged straight into the loop pedal.

I used the amp's speaker output & my Julius Load-box so I could get the power amp tone too. Turned off the Mooer Radar's power amp sims and used just the cabs...

Clean Channel ~ Crunch..

Dirty Channel...

Plugged the bass into the amp as well and then out/into the loop pedal with a Mooer Radar bass IR.. I think it's a bit too loud though..

No post production..

Youtube

Comment

Getting more used to it now ...after a couple of days messing around..

Couple of cons..it distorts pretty badly if you overload the input. And it does'nt seem to tolerate input signals as loud as my Nux looper did. So I need to keep things fairly low going in.

Another thing I miss with this compared to the Nux pedal is that it does'nt seem to let you redo/undo what you just recorded (overdubs) ...if you screw anything up..say the solo.. you need to take absolutely everything from the start again (ie redo your rhythm & bass tracks too. It just deletes everything in one go.) which is a bit of a pain...

To get around that I used it running into another looper (as a recorder) ..my "Ammoon" Stereo looper which does a cool job on it's own, but things sound a great deal better with just the Beat Loop pedal doing all the recording on it's own (more separation & everything sounds way more upfront/better soundstage etc.) it's also impossible for me to add drum fills etc on the fly when I'm playing a solo (The beat loop lets you change beats/add fills even after the loop's recorded)

Anyway..another little jam..this time with my 30 watt Brutus head. Just being messy with the whammy bar Unfortunately I used the Ammoon looper to record with again, which does'nt sound anywhere as nice as the Beat Loop on it's own (and the solo's way too loud as well )

Direct recording from the amp's 'Jolly out' with my Mooer Radar cab sim/IR pedal & a Load-box.

Youtube

Comment

..and this one's with my DIY SS/Tube head. I recorded it straight into the beat loop pedal but the bass guitar was way..waaay too loud so I had to high pass the hell out of the track..

It's too bad that stuff is "written in stone" so to speak once you record it. Makes balancing track levels & stuff like that a real PIA. Hope I get the hang of it sooner or later.

I also overran the end of the loop & played over the start again but eh, **** it ...it's kind of a cool chorus-y effect.

Youtube

Comment

Just tried it with a mic'd cab (single SM57 on my 1x12 with an Emi GB128) & the same amp (DIY SS/Tube hybrid..). Two Rhythm, one bass, one solo. No high pass/processing this time..it's just the looper track.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                          X