My DD3 died after 3 decades -picked up a DD7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My DD3 died after 3 decades -picked up a DD7

I have a DD-7 which isn't on my board anymore since I replaced with the a Boss DD-500. BUT the DD-7 is a fantastic delay pedal and I didn't experience any of the plastic tone changing as others do. I also run my delay in the effects loop. I can put the delay pedal in there in the off position play, take it out play again and no change in tone. This was not my experience with the Carbon copy which darkened my tone even when the pedal was off. The Timeline did that as well. It's why I use Boss Delay pedals. I have a Waza Analog and it's transparent as well.
    I think your gonna find great delay settings with the DD-7. It's real close to analog delay when using that setting. It's a real nice delay and that was my personal favorite.
    If you find yourself wanting more, then return it and get the DD-500, its a nice step up from the DD-7

Comment

Have you given a newer DD3 a try? If so, does it really lack that much in your opinion? (compared to the MIJ DD2/3 versions)
      I love mine despite it not being "the good chip".

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
        Have you given a newer DD3 a try? If so, does it really lack that much in your opinion? (compared to the MIJ DD2/3 versions)
        I love mine despite it not being "the good chip".
        It really depends on what you're looking for in a delay. If you're looking for bright and punchy digital delay, then a new DD-3, DD-7, etc. will work fine. IMO those newer delays are too bright, but something like a Carbon Copy or DM-2W is too mushy. The DD-2 and MIJ DD-3 occupy a nice middle ground with more clarity and punch than a CC or DM-2 without being super bright like the new DD-3.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
        X