A quick one reg power supplies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick one reg power supplies

My old power supply (fully isolated 9V outputs) came with a voltage combiner cable - you plug two ends into two PSU ports and one into a pedal to get 18v driving it.

I'm ordering a new one (more outputs, all isolated) because my pedal board has grown (because of f***ing course it has). Will I be able to use the same type of voltage combining cable on it (or any isolated outputs for that reason)?
    --------------------------------------------------------
    1973 Aria 551
    1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
    1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
    1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
    1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
    1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
    2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Re: A quick one reg power supplies

Originally posted by Coma View Post
    My old power supply (fully isolated 9V outputs) came with a voltage combiner cable - you plug two ends into two PSU ports and one into a pedal to get 18v driving it.

I'm ordering a new one (more outputs, all isolated) because my pedal board has grown (because of f***ing course it has). Will I be able to use the same type of voltage combining cable on it (or any isolated outputs for that reason)?
    I don’t see why not - though if you’re ordering a new one, you might want to look at options that supply 18V as an option (as many do now).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
      I don’t see why not - though if you’re ordering a new one, you might want to look at options that supply 18V as an option (as many do now).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This one does. It's just I might want to run two 18v pedals a bit down the line. Using a Y cable seems a lot easier than saving up for a PSU with more than one 18v output.
      1973 Aria 551
      1995 Aria Pro II TA-65

Comment

Originally posted by Coma View Post
        This one does. It's just I might want to run two 18v pedals a bit down the line. Using a Y cable seems a lot easier than saving up for a PSU with more than one 18v output.
        If it's an isolated supply, you should be fine combining two 9V outlets. You may also be able to daisy chain the 18V output to two pedals depending on the max current rating of the 18V output and the draw of the pedals and, of course, whether they are quiet off a daisy chain / sharing a ground.

Comment

I have Truetone voltage doublers that just use single port. Works great with supplies with good output but no extra ports to spare, it requires double the current of the pedal from port.
          "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
          Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
            I have Truetone voltage doublers that just use single port. Works great with supplies with good output but no extra ports to spare, it requires double the current of the pedal from port.
            Yeah, I've been looking into those as well. Might end up with that instead.
            1973 Aria 551
            1995 Aria Pro II TA-65

Comment

Working...
            X