Boss pedals and circut boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss pedals and circut boards

Looking to get a Boss Sd-1 to mod, what years have the large PCB boards? The ones with the diodes.

Thanks!
    Jackson Custom Tele
    Epiphone G400 PRO
    Marshall DSL40C w/V30
    GLS Audio
    Ernie Ball
    Dunlop
    SD-1

Play music to skate too 🤙

Re: Boss pedals and circut boards

Hmm, they all have diodes, I think you are looking for the ones with thru hole parts?

According to Analogman it was sometime in 2018.

Comment

used to be people lusted after the mij ones, now its mit before surface mount

Comment

Now I'm curious if the OD-3 I have coming is SMT or thru-hole. Not that it really matters. I'm one that likes to know what the innards are.
        Last edited by ErikH; 05-01-2019, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Monte Allums has some good info on which boards work better and all kinds of other stuff like links to surface-mount, and through-hole soldering. You kinda have to search for it though.

Even with my old eyes and shaky hands, I've replaced an SMT op amp twice now in a girls electric violin because she put the battery in backwards. The chip was 4 mm x 5 mm. With care and diligence it can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
            Even with my old eyes and shaky hands, I've replaced an SMT op amp twice now in a girls electric violin because she put the battery in backwards. The chip was 4 mm x 5 mm. With care and diligence it can be done.
            Probably a good idea to install a reverse polarity protection diode!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I recently opened up my LS-2. I bought it 2 years back brand new.

Was quite positively suprised to see it was all standard thru hole parts.

I thought they we're all SMT by now.
              "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
              Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
                Probably a good idea to install a reverse polarity protection diode!
                If I ever see her again, I will. I've always wondered why pedals and electronics don't do this anyway. I wouldn't think that a .7-volt drop would be that big of a deal. I'm talking about in series with the hot lead, rather than backwards in parallel with the battery. I've seen those before. The diode fries and then you still have to repair the pedal.

Comment

To answer the question, unfortunately the SD-1 doesn’t have an easy to ID change on the outside. The BD-2 and DS-1 have different power jacks you can identify.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                  X