banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Effect Do You Leave On All The Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Effect Do You Leave On All The Time?

Originally posted by kingswebe View Post
    Always on at the end of my signal chain...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]98463[/ATTACH]
    I just picked up a Keeley Comp Plus a few weeks backand it quickly became an always-on effect (along with my reverb).
    --------------------------------------------------------
    1973 Aria 551
    1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
    1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
    1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
    1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
    1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
    2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FC134BFF-BF5F-489E-9E10-94D393466876.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	5814181Click image for larger version

Name:	6A5E474F-7058-450F-933C-85C4D0537091.jpg
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	5814182

I’ve got a couple that are pretty much always on....

I use my Wampler Clarksdale or some kind of TS style pedal with the volume up & gain down as an always on mid-bump. Then, because I’m an absolute reverb junkie who owns a bunch of vintage amps without reverb, my Keeley OMNI is basically always on & set to the spring setting for some ambience..

Actually I take that back, I have three always on pedals!!!

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	5814183

Oh, I completely forgot about my MXR 6 band graphic EQ!!! Has to be the 6 band, the ten sucks IMHO!!! Normally run my EQ through my effects loop if the amplifier I’m using has one. If it doesn’t I’ll run it right behind my dirt boxes & before any modulation or time based effects...
      I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        I have to have reverb, either from an amp or a multi-effects. But I won't buy a conventional amp without it.
        This was basically my mantra as well up until a few years ago but analog voiced digital effects pedals have come so far in recent years!!! I’ll often end up enjoying the verb I get from my effects pedals more than what the amplifier has to offer! Even when said reverb is the real deal tube driven stuff!!!
        I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
          Oh, I completely forgot about my MXR 6 band graphic EQ!!! Has to be the 6 band, the ten sucks IMHO!!! Normally run my EQ through my effects loop if the amplifier I’m using has one. If it doesn’t I’ll run it right behind my dirt boxes & before any modulation or time based effects...
          Now that's interesting. How come?
          I tried the 6-band in a shop yesterday into the FX loop of my amp, but the lack of a volume slider in combination with the substantial Q width leads me to think I'd be better off with the 10-band version.
          --------------------------------------------------------
          1973 Aria 551
          1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
          1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
          1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
          1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
          1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
          2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Always on at the end of my signal chain...
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]98463[/ATTACH]
            Also, my Source Audio Programmable EQ is on all the time. It has a capacity for 4 presets/patches, and i so far i have found a use for 3 of them. I have one patch tailored to my clean tone preferences, the 2nd patch tailored to my metal distortion tone preferences, and the 3rd patch tailored to my rock distortion tone preferences. I then trigger each one via MIDI from my BOSS MS-3 Multi-Effects/Switcher patch settings.

Name:	7422896_800.jpg
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	5814190
            Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Originally posted by Coma View Post
              Now that's interesting. How come?
              I tried the 6-band in a shop yesterday into the FX loop of my amp, but the lack of a volume slider in combination with the substantial Q width leads me to think I'd be better off with the 10-band version.

Perhaps you would be? Personally I’ve just had this pedal in some form for almost the entirety of my guitar playing career & I’ve become pretty attached to it. I don’t miss the volume slider because the 6 bands themselves are essentially 6 little level knobs & mostly it’s just because I know the pedal so well. I can plug into just about any amp & with a few flicks adjust it to my liking, which is typically a slight middle bump...

Comment

Lately I’ve been leaving my DD-3 on. Set to 800ms, with the knobs around 9:30-10:00.
                And my MXR 10 band is always on in the loop of my Orange. If I’m going through the 15” Big Ben, I’m boosting some high mids....if through the 2x12/Swamp Thangs, I’m boosting a little bottom.
                Last edited by Swampy; 05-26-2019, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Delay , I don't see no reason to shut it down. I have 2 delay pedals and one is a multi delay in the DD-500 which I can set 1 or 2 delays at a time control it via midi and it has built in carry over.

Comment

None
                    Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Just thinking, If you have Blackstar amp, you basically have reverb AND tubescreamer always on anyway. Should that count or not then?
                      "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                      Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

I bought the 6 band MXR Graphic EQ a while back, returned it a week later and switched it for the 10 band.
                        I used it as an alternative to changing the pickups of a PRS SE Zach Myers that I didnt quite like the sound of.
                        It was left on permanently when using the Zach Myers.
                        Last edited by evan47; 05-27-2019, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Also, my Source Audio Programmable EQ is on all the time.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]98477[/ATTACH]
                          Interesting they include 8KHz slider when most guitar speakers can't reproduce past 6KHz.

Comment

I always use some sort of compression. Sometimes a little, sometimes a lottle.
                            Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Distortion always.
                              Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Volume pedal, everything else gets toggled at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X