banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally found the flanger tone I've been looking for!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally found the flanger tone I've been looking for!

MiJ Boss HF-2 came up in classifieds a while ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190507_213855.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	5851391

I really had no expectations about it. Tecnhology it uses, general consesus how good it was, and 90€ price tag (and being MIJ price can only go up) made it too interesting to pass.

I've tried MXR, which just didn't do anything for me. Electric Mistress had a lot issues. I've had Ibanez FL-9 based Joyo classic flanger some while (actually bought two of them), which is great but lacking in some way, it's generic flanger sound; good but nothing special in it.

Probably needless to say after that follow up that I was completely blown away by HF-2. It is The flanger sound I hear when I imagine perfect flanger. Just exactly how I want it.

When switched on the sound of my rig stays as it is, just thickens wonderfully, the flanging effect hangs over it and is very easy dial in as much and with speed and intensity I want, along with the "base tone" adjustment. Like double or triple tracked dry signal mixed with flanged signal. (Which it I guess is actually...)

Well, I had a little issue with placement. It has 450k input impedance, and when it was after passive volume I have in loop it really sucked tone. After I move it to first in loop (right after buffer in amp) that issue went away. So hardly worth mentioning really, but probably useful information.
    Last edited by Jacew; 05-07-2019, 01:09 PM.
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Re: Finally found the flanger tone I've been looking for!

Always been curious about these pedals. Generally I don't like flanging because it's a bit too overpowering, but they seemed like a good design to handle that issue.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Finally found the flanger tone I've been looking for! ............Said nobody ever....

Flanger jokes..... I got em!

Sorry OP, I kid.... carry on
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Great Flanger, I like mine a lot. Another one that is similar to my ear is the Ibanez DFL digital Flanger from the 10 series. Same airy, open tone.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I've had good results from this pedal for the short time that I tried it.

I've always thought that it would be a great candidate for the Waza treatment.
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

This was the one I ended up with as well (since going multi-fx I am now selling mine). It seems to have a more detailed, interesting tone than most other flangers I've tried out there.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
              Always been curious about these pedals. Generally I don't like flanging because it's a bit too overpowering, but they seemed like a good design to handle that issue.
              It is. I really like how the emphasis maintains with dry tone and flanger kind of just adds up to it.

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
              This was the one I ended up with as well (since going multi-fx I am now selling mine). It seems to have a more detailed, interesting tone than most other flangers I've tried out there.
              It has great dynamics as well: You can easily play note passages that sound really chorusy and laid back, but when you dig in you get the full flanger sound.
              "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
              Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
              X