banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are we obsessed with OD style pedals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why are we obsessed with OD style pedals?

I use my amp for my regular crunch tone. Then sometimes use a distortion pedal in front of that for leads. Sometimes I use the amp for my lead tone. I have different pedals because they all sound different.

Otherwise you are just collecting pedals. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      Not only that, but they're one of the easiest pedals to mod. Simply change a diode or two, and dramatically alter its character.
      Guilty as charged, but it is a fun hobby, especially when you mod an OD pedal you initially weren't crazy about, and the result is a great sounding pedal that becomes a permanent part of your pedalboard...

Comment

I'm not obsessed, I just signed up for the OD of the Month Club a few years ago and...

Actually, I gigged for many years with just a TS9 and a wah pedal, and didn't think I was missing anything. But then I discovered the internet and now I have a bunch of the little buggers around here. Three of the four ODs that seem to stay on my board are a Keeley Blues Driver, an OCD, and an EH Soul Food (in that order).

Oh well, my latest flame is the Green Dragon by Frank the Anvil, an incredible little stomper and well worth the price.
        Last edited by SAguitar; 06-04-2019, 05:45 PM.
        "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

I have a Duncan TT Mayhem. A GFS Twin OD. A TS-7. An SD-1. I'll throw in the Keeley Katana, even though it's more of a clean boost, it'll do treble boost with the knob pulled out. And a Keeley Twilight Zone MT-2. Plus my Spidervalve has about 8 different boost/od/distortion options.
          Blasphemous, I know, but I think that I'm all set.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SAguitar View Post
            Oh well, my latest flame is the Green Dragon by Frank the Anvil, an incredible little stomper and well worth the price.
            I LOVE Frank the Anvil! (In a purely platonic way, of course.)
            He has built me 5 or 6 different gain pedals in the last couple years, all of which were good and one of which I will never get rid of.

Comment

I own a lot of ODS

-but these are 4 that I use religiously on my board live now and in the last couple of years

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-06-05 22.40.05.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	5814452 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-06-05 22.40.44.jpg
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	5814453
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-06-05 22.42.05.jpg
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	5814454 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-06-05 22.41.28.jpg
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	5814455
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
              X