IR Loader Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IR Loader Pedal

I'm looking for an IR loader, ideally on a pedal format, for my Avid Eleven Rack. Really like my 11R playing live direct to FOH, but lacking a bit when playing with headphones. Thinking adding an IR and bypassing the 11R cab sims might improve it this situation.

Any opinion between those:
    - Mooer Radar (cab + poweramp + EQ)
    - Hotone Omni IR (aux-in + phone out)
    - Ampli Firebox (more than IR pedal but might be useful as a backup or when I want everything fitting in a gigbag)
    - other?

Re: IR Loader Pedal

Talk to Phantasmagoria - IIRC he has the Mooer

Comment

AMT has the Pangea - https://amtelectronics.com/new/amt-pangaea-cp-100/

And the Digitech Cab Driver goes on sale a lot, not sure if you can load new IRs in it, I think you are stuck with the stock ones - https://digitech.com/en/products/cabdryvr

I haven't used any of them, just throwing out more options.

Comment

The Mooer does a great job, seems reliable, it's simple to use and it's cheap..I've been very happy with mine. The IR's it comes loaded with are great, all very usable, plus it's a breeze to load your own. I've got a bunch of Celestion ones on mine too. Have'nt had any experience with the other Chinese IR loaders, but there are quite a few out there now...Hotone, Nux, Joyo etc..
        "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
        If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
          AMT has the Pangea - https://amtelectronics.com/new/amt-pangaea-cp-100/

And the Digitech Cab Driver goes on sale a lot, not sure if you can load new IRs in it, I think you are stuck with the stock ones - https://digitech.com/en/products/cabdryvr

I haven't used any of them, just throwing out more options.
          Cannot load new IR
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
            The Mooer does a great job, seems reliable, it's simple to use and it's cheap..I've been very happy with mine. The IR's it comes loaded with are great, all very usable, plus it's a breeze to load your own. I've got a bunch of Celestion ones on mine too. Have'nt had any experience with the other Chinese IR loaders, but there are quite a few out there now...Hotone, Nux, Joyo etc..
            Are the loaded IR as good as the Celestion you loaded?

Comment

I'd say they're close..the Celestions are a bit more 'hairy' sounding while the Mooer cabs sound like they're already cleaned up/filtered a bit. They both sound good, but a bit different maybe.
              "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
              If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

At the moment the tiny Mooer is hard to beat (amazing price / value ratio).

The other one to check is an AMT Pangea that is of a military design considering reliability. I use their simple Chameleon cab sim pedal. It is a flexible analogue cab sim (like Palmer rack units and the like) with four controls that means no tiny computer + no algorythm running = instant and unstoppable onstage. In a band environment I set the sound fitting to the venue and not stuck to a certain impulse that may work well in one place and not so well on another - but that's just me. I'm a simple guy, I'm compatible with simple things.
                Wackor
                Ørdøg
                NecroPolo
                Diabolus in Musica
                SIDrip Alliance
                Book of Shadows
                RKH

Comment

Working...
                X