Help me find a reverb like big sky that includes modulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find a reverb like big sky that includes modulation

Hey guys I asked this one a couple of years ago and am reasking in case there are new thoughts. I am not a pedal guy however I need reverb and chorus/ modulation.

I'm wildly in love with all of the big sky tones. It has tremendous complexity and high-end shimmer that goes far beyond regular verbs. The modulated reverb actually get relatively close to chorus tones, however, they are embed in big reverb.

However there are times when I just need a chorus and I'm wondering if you're aware of anybody making a pedal that has the big sky sounding reverbs along with chorus flange and phase?

I know that the big sky is getting old in some ways because it does not offer dual signal path to sustain a reverb during a patch change.

Note that I have multiple modeling environments where I can get most of these tones so I would prefer to avoid modeling. The purpose is to get a single pedal to simplify my rig when using tubes.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Re: Help me find a reverb like big sky that includes modulation

Sea Machine Chorus is the only thing I know that might come close.

If you can create your reverb with a delay, H20 y visual sound might work...
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Zoom MS-70CDR

Comment

I'd go for the Dark Sun in a heartbeat.

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Great input! Will dig in deeper tomorrow.

Mincer, great demo... I like the delay and verb a lot. However they only demoed modulation within the delay and verb.

I need at least a classic chorus sound by itself and I'm wondering if the signal can split and delay can be set short enough to get chorus/flange by itself?

Comment

Hmmmm... I immediately want to suggest the Flint - the trem side is great, and Harmonic Trem will get you very close to univibe/chorus. My only reservation based on your needs is that, while the reverbs are lush, it only has spring, plate and hall (no shimmer, etc.) That said, on plate and hall it has infinite mode, and can get quite spacey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

The EHX Memory Man Deluxe has modulated delay. That gets a great chorus sound on sustained notes without all the reverb wash for when you don’t need it.

Or just get a chorus pedal. They are pretty cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Harmonic Tremelo on Strymon Flint Reverb Pedal is unreal.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Source Audio Ventris.... end thread
                  Originally posted by grumptruck
                  No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
                  Originally posted by Gear Used
                  PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
                  Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
                  Mesa Stiletto Ace
                  Gurus 5015
                  Mesa Widebody 1X12
                  Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
                    The EHX Memory Man Deluxe has modulated delay. That gets a great chorus sound on sustained notes without all the reverb wash for when you don’t need it.

Or just get a chorus pedal. They are pretty cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    David, it's ironic that you mentioned chorus pedals... I sold off my 70s and 80s boss flanger and chorus and practically every other pedal a couple of years ago.

When I'm modeling I have more than enough fx in the system, and my performance tube amps of the time had wonderful reverb so I really didn't need anything else.

However my current performance tube amp (Splawn Streetrod) doesn't have reverb, I got hooked on the big sky and figure that if I can keep up with 1 pedal, it might as well include chorus

Thanks again to all for great input!

Comment

Working...
                    X