banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what's better than a King of tone for single coil geetars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's better than a King of tone for single coil geetars?

I've had my KoT since 2012 and mainly use it with single coils.
    I love it,sounds great.

Any recommendations from Kot owners that have found something they prefer better?

Re: So what's better than a King of tone for single coil geetars?

King of Tone is excellent. It’s different but I really like the Mad Professor Royal Blue Overdrive as well.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Boss BD-2
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyBsurfin View Post
        I've had my KoT since 2012 and mainly use it with single coils.
        I love it,sounds great.

Any recommendations from Kot owners that have found something they prefer better?
        My 3 go to pedals are POT, Rockaway Archer and Tmnus Deluxe. I know it's no KOT, but running the Archer/Tumnus into POT sounds magical.
        Originally posted by grumptruck
        No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
        Originally posted by Gear Used
        PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
        Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
        Mesa Stiletto Ace
        Gurus 5015
        Mesa Widebody 1X12
        Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
          My 3 go to pedals are POT, Rockaway Archer and Tmnus Deluxe. I know it's no KOT, but running the Archer/Tumnus into POT sounds magical.
          A lot of things sound magical on pot.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

timmy is my favorite overdrive and i play with single coils a lot. ive had two kot but let them both go. great pedal but timmy works better for me

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              timmy is my favorite overdrive and i play with single coils a lot. ive had two kot but let them both go. great pedal but timmy works better for me
              In your opinion,what are the differences?

Comment

my favorite setting on the kot was the clean option with the gain cranked and the volume up where it needed to be to sound good which unfortunately was too much of a volume boost over the clean sound. the overdrive and distortion settings are good but i find timmy a little smoother and the eq allows me to dial in the tone so it matches the amp/guitar better. the bass control is pre distortion and the treble is post distortion so they are interactive in a very musical way. i would have kept the kot's but the two friends that have them now needed the tonal help much more than i needed a pedal i might use from time to time. they are both using the kot as their main od pedal

Comment

Working...
                X