X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GT-1000 v3.02 Update

Looks nice, putting it on later today!

Re: Boss GT-1000 v3.02 Update

Really cool to see that Boss is supporting this thing! Not that I am interested in pedalboardizing the thing (that is what I have been trying to get away from for the last few years!), this gives me hope for the future.

Comment

I wonder really how good thing board is? It looks incredible and seems to be a huge step forward for what Boss has made in the past. I also wonder how it compares to a fully built high quality pedal board with high quality switching amp control and a great mix of analog and digital pedals.

Comment

Having used pedals and amps, pedals and tube pedal preamps, and a GT-8 and GT-100, the GT-1000 is really good. The models are much improved over the previous ones, I'm using mine for everything now.

For using in the 4CM with an amp, I would probably prefer pedals, although the GT-1K would do a fine job, but that kind of situation I prefer analog drive pedals with knobs.

Comment

I owned the GT-8 then the Gt-10 and then a GT100. Before I got the G-8 I had pedals. Then After the GT-8 I went back to pedals. Then got the GT-10 then went back to pedals. I got the GT-100 and then went back to pedals. I currently have the ES-8 and that is incredible. I love it to death BUT I have a soft spot for the GT boards and this new GT-1000 is haunting me. It's everything I asked Boss for when I got rid of my GT-100 for tone loss.
          I use the 4CM and control my amp. I use the GT boards more for effects then for amp sims. My Current setup I have 4 drive pedals and use them like Amp sims through my clean channel. I boost once in a while as I love my drive channel of my amp and don't always like a OD out in front of it. It's nice for single note stuff once in a while.
          The new GT-1000 what like the older models is you have basically every single kind of effect you could ever want and you can program patches for basically every song you ever wrote or cover. This is power no pedalboard can achieve. There are way to many different effects and these kinds of units feel limitless when you own them. Even back with the GT-8 I didn't use 70% of that that thing could do. But having all that at your feet is real power for writing and a limitless toolbox. I always just felt that single pedals sounded better.
          My tone right now is amazing. The ES-8 really retains all your amps tone and doesn't color it like the older GT boards did. This is the only thing i don't like about multi effects and I hope the GT-1000 is the closet thing to my current setup. I have 2 Boss 500 pedals and the GT-1000 is basically the same level as those and they sound awesome. The tone change with the 500 series pedals is so small it's barely noticeable. You can say that about most digital high quality pedals. You get a super slight coloration but not to the point it changes the sonic signature of your sound like the older GT boards did. Even the GT-100 which was better then the 8 and 10 changed my amps natural sound to the point it felt different.
          I would like to pick one up and really spend a nice weekend dialing one in. To see if it would be worth moving away from the ES-8 and all my awesome pedals and have a GT-1000 commanding my rig.

Comment

The 500 series effects are in the GT-1K and it is also running at 32 bit/96k.

Comment

Working...
            X