Andromeda Delay Midi Pedal Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andromeda Delay Midi Pedal Controller

Looking for a midi pedal to control my Andromeda delay pedal. Considering right now the Tech 21 Midi Mouse, just wondering about compatibility. Any ideas, thanks.

Re: Andromeda Delay Midi Pedal Controller

Welcome to the forum!
    If all you need is program changes, the Midi Mouse is a good choice. If the Andromeda allows midi control of parameters within a preset, you will need a more complex pedal if you want that control.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Welcome to the forum!
      If all you need is program changes, the Midi Mouse is a good choice. If the Andromeda allows midi control of parameters within a preset, you will need a more complex pedal if you want that control.
      Andromeda allows me to access the 4 programs contained within the bank 1 via right Footswitch; but, if I want to access bank 2, then I need to do it manually. So, I need a midi pedal that allows me to access programs as well as banks. But, if the price is high $$$, I might as well buy another delay with such capabilities. Just exploring options right now, I really like the Andromeda delay.

Comment

Take a look at the MIDI Implementation Guide. It uses program changes to access all of the presets. Also, the manual has this:

Andromeda presets are arranged in 32 banks of 4 presets each for a total of 128
        presets. Access to these presets via MIDI is sequential, for example:
        Bank 01 Preset A (01A) – MIDI Program 00
        Bank 01 Preset B (01B) – MIDI Program 01
        Bank 01 Preset C (01C) – MIDI Program 02 etc

So, it doesn't seem to be using bank change messages to get to the presets. You can use bank messages to switch banks, but you can access the presets directly by just sending program change messages. A Midi Mouse can do this. You would need a more full-featured controller to access parameters within presets, as you need CC messages for that.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It seems like Midi Mouse it’s a good choice. Thanks Dave for all the good MIDI info.

Comment

Working...
          X