banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

Been off the 'pedal scouting' game for a while now.

Been playing a lot, straight into the amp(s).
    Now i find myself completely out of the loop, on all things pedal wise.

Is there anything similar to this Mid-Boost pedal (from Demeter) that you guys can recommend (except, off course a decent EQ pedal)

Buy Now: https://goo.gl/bUHkWRThe Demeter MB-2B Midboost / Fat Control Boost Pedal boasts a wide mid-frequency range for a more distinct natural frequency bo...

Thanks
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Re: Mid-Boost pedals . . . what is out there ?

I really, really like my Xotic BB Preamp MB (it’s a custom shop version with added Mid-Boost pot) - works great as a cleani(ish) boost and with higher gain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
      I really, really like my Xotic BB Preamp MB (it’s a custom shop version with added Mid-Boost pot) - works great as a cleani(ish) boost and with higher gain.

I’ve got the “Comp” version where you can adjust the compression settings.
      It s a great pedal.

Comment

i use timmy that way sometimes. the treble and bass are reductive so if you set them at 3 oclock you get a mid boost

Comment

Originally posted by Lampy H
          I haven’t tried it, but you should check out the Suhr Koko Boost.
          Originally posted by VinceT View Post

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
          I’ve got the “Comp” version where you can adjust the compression settings.
          It s a great pedal.
          Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          i use timmy that way sometimes. the treble and bass are reductive so if you set them at 3 oclock you get a mid boost

Thank you guys.
          I will look into all those pedals.
          Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

Comment

Keep those suggestions coming.

Any drive pedals out there with a true Baxadall EQ system on board ?

Comment

Take a look at the Seafoam Pedals Lighthouse. It makes a good midboost, but it has other functionality as well. It can function as a clean, dirty, or "nasty" boost and also has the capability of switching between a true boost, a mid boost, and a treble boost. It comes in a mini, pedal board friendly format too.
              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Any Tube Screamer style pedal.

So literally ANY Overdrive that is painted green in the store is going to be a mid boost pedal.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

The 805 does this well, because it has an active 3-band EQ.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I really like the maxon supertube st9pro+,,,,,,,,,,but an 805 could be had for half that price and is about as simple and versatile as green boxes can get.

Comment

+1 for 805...

Comment

Drybell Unit 67 has a pretty unique take on mid boost, like a Rangemaster treble boost but the shelf freq is down in the midrange.
                        The unit also has low & high EQ and world class compression, plus plenty of boost if you want.
                        Not cheap but it's a very very good design and there's nothing like it that I've seen.
                        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Fail Fail Fail FAIL and more FAIL!!!!!

My god - some days you guys just can't read!!!!!!

What you need SirJdF, is a Parametric EQ

I think about 80's pedals from Yamaha here. Maybe Korg, or Arion also. Boss used to(?) make something called the PQ3(?) I think?

That will let you dial in exactly the frequency, the width, and amount of boost perfectly! No - this is not a "good" EQ. This is nothing like a GE6 or an MXR 10 band. Wayyyyy cooler than that, and likely what that Demeter does, just with a preset frequency and width.

Or, if you just want a mid boost pedal, and old OD (TS9, Bad Monkey, 805, SD1, etc) will get you there, plus gain and 1-3 bands of "good EQ" according to Ibanez, Boss or whoever.
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

You want a Stone Deaf PDF-2.

Parametric EQ, clean or dirty mode, based on Josh Homme's secret weapon from the 'Rated R' era. I have two.
                            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
                              Keep those suggestions coming.

Any drive pedals out there with a true Baxadall EQ system on board ?
                              This configuration won't boost the mids per se. Rather just attenuate the low and high end to create a hump at the center frequency of the Baxandall tone.

Comment

Working...
                              X