Stacking delay pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stacking delay pedal

I have a Carbon Copy and Red Witch Violetta delay. The CC is more clear and articulate where as the Violetta is a bit darker and warmer. Ive played around with the order but still unsure of which order they should be in, what say you guys about the order of those two pedals.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Re: Stacking delay pedal

I have used a Vapor Trail and put another delay pedal in the insert jack. Weird, trippy sounds.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Agreed, thought Id try it when I saw a video of Steve Via stacking two DD-7s together on his board. He had them set so the second DD-7 filled in in between the 1st pedals notes, so kind of ping ponged a bit, if that makes sense.
      Jackson Soloist 7 string
      ESP LTD M-400

Comment

If I use two, I like shorter into longer, but if I had your pedals I’d experiment with each being first and each being short/long.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Are we legitimately talking wet delay into wet delay? That's either really interesting or a sonic mess. Unless really tight 50ms etc. - I do that occasionally, for a "tone" delay and an "Echo" delay.

Or do you mean a parallel delay? One delay short, and one long. Two DIFFERENT delays off the same signal blended. That is very cool.

Other wise, order shouldn't matter. If both are on you get dark either way.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Its usually long and short, just playing with them, one may only be longer by a little bit, other times one has a much lo,ger delay than the other
            Jackson Soloist 7 string
            ESP LTD M-400

Comment

I use mine with the 2nd delay only affecting the first delay's echoes...so the dry signal stays...dry.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The guitar sound on Run Like Hell is the only stacked delay sound I really like. It's a super cool Ping pongy kinda thing. I'd put the darker/warmer delay on short setting and the clear delay on longer setting. Then send long into short.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I use two. First in the chain is a Carbon Copy with a 100~ ms delay and almost no REGEN into a DD7 with a very classic multi-tap setting. The DD7 would best be described as the "Detachable Penis" setting.

Comment

IS that what Slash does on the intro to Welcome to The Jungle, just for triplets?

Fast time, 3 repeats, then echo delay?
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Everything I hear he was using slapback on the into to Welcome to the Jungle
                      Jackson Soloist 7 string
                      ESP LTD M-400

Comment

In general terms, I would strongly encourage you to look into the possibilities of parallell routing if you want to stack delays. Running them in series is a possibility, but the result will be messier, and probably not what you are after. Pedals are unfortunately not very good platforms for parallell routing, but it can be done.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vapor Trail inserts.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	5816617

In this experiment I kept a fairy clean main tone but something weird happens behind : the Vapor trail repeats (repeats only !) go though a Catalinbread Adineko which is modulated here either by a MXR Flanger or a Phase 90. It definitely adds something to the delay. Not for fast runs of course but for eerie slow single note riffs.
                          The early Cramps would have digged that.

(Bass Disto off)

PS : No fixed pedalboard here !
                          Last edited by Francois; 07-29-2019, 03:17 PM.
                          Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

So with a bit of experimenting, I kinda like the Red Witch in front of the amp. I know thats kinda odd, few other delays Ive tried in front were always too forward and maybe because this is so dark its not so bad. I will say though after adding the CC, not feeling as much love for the Red Witch.
                            Jackson Soloist 7 string
                            ESP LTD M-400

Comment

I've been interested in stacking delays just recently. I've got a Belle Epoche and a recently purchased El Capistan. Right now, I've got the El Capistan in the effects loop. Where would I place the Belle? In the effects loop, as well? Or, in front of the amp? Just so you know, I don't have very much experience with stacking pedals of any kind.

Comment

Working...
                              X