JHS Sweet Tea 2 in 1 dual od?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JHS Sweet Tea 2 in 1 dual od?

Anyone have or familiar with this pedal?? I was/am considering the Friedman BEOD pedal and the sales rep at Sweetwater suggested the JHS Sweet tea 2 in 1 instead. He said they sound similar but the JHS will do more.. Anyone have one or experience with? Anyone able to compare to the Friedman? Thanks!

For those unfamiliar with this pedel, its the Angry Charlie on one side and the Moonshine on the other. So if anyone is familiar with either of those 2 pedals, how are they?
    Last edited by BloodRose; 09-19-2019, 08:19 AM.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: JHS Sweet Tea 2 in 1 dual od?

i havent tried the beod but the angry charlie is a great pedal. the sweat tea is probably great but its also $100+ more than the beod

Comment

I know. Not big on the cost at all..I have heard good things about the Angry Charlie, but nothing about the moonshine.
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

the moonshine is a ts based pedal, ive played the older one without the clean blend and its a good ts type pedal with two gain ranges. jhs makes good stuff for sure so im sure the sweet tea is awesome. does it suit your needs better than the beod? i have no idea

Comment

To add on to what jeremy added, the other half is based on the MI audio Crunch Box, a solid dirt pedal. Its supposed to be a marshall type sound, and the BE-OD is just based on a modded marshall. I don't have experience with the exact JHS versions of these pedals, but I've run a TS style pedal into a crunch box style pedal, and I loved what I got out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
            For those unfamiliar with this pedel, its the Angry Charlie on one side and the Moonshine on the other. So if anyone is familiar with either of those 2 pedals, how are they?
            That sounds amazing. I have an Angry Charlie V3. It's essentially a JCM 800 in a box, and it's amazing. But now that you've turned me onto the Sweet Tea, I might have to go seek one out to test this weekend. This dual drive trend is great. I've been impressed by the Fender Pugilist and the Keeley D&M Drive.
            "That's the cool thing about the guitar - there's always more to learn." -Jim Heath

Comment

littlefish, let me know what you think of it.. I think Im still gonna go Friedman. This is tempting, but I have a Green rhino and a TS if I need to "resort". I love the JCM800 tones and had having sold mine, BUT.. I am more into the modded JCM 800 tones such at the Friedman BE, so I think this is more what Im searching for. Plus, my Splawn QR already covers the JCM800 thing pretty darn well.
              Thanks for the input guys!

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
              X