What's good micro sized reverb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's good micro sized reverb?

Since I bought the 30w mooer micro amp, I've been putting together a small pedalboard to work as grab and go amp. One thing I haven't found yet is a great sounding reverb in micro size.

I had shimverb earlier that I didn't like at all. I thought it too clear and sterile, didin't quite sound like classic reverb effect, nor the real echo either.

Now I have Mooer echoverb, where the delay is great, but reverb side sounds like speaker in a plastic bucket. Hideous.

Any suggestions?
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Re: What's good micro sized reverb?

Mini hall of fame.

Comment

Mini Hall of Fame is fantastic, especially if you download the editor on your computer. Here’s my review from a while ago:

Well... I took a shot on a used Hall of Fame Mini. This thing is awesome, definitely got a spot on my "grab and go" rock board. (I have a Blue Sky and Supermoon for my main, big board) I basically configured a plate reverb with modulation... However I tied the (single) knob to the following parameters:

-Fx Mix (ramping up like the stock model)
      -Modulation Mix (0% for the first half of the sweep, then increasing from there)
      -Decay (Ramping up from ~2 seconds up to ~8 seconds at max)

This is awesome, for the first 1/4 of the sweep its a subtle plate reverb, the next quarter is a little longer and higher mix reverb, then you start to get some modulation with the reverb, then the final quarter is a heavily effected modulated long verb.

With the sweep of one knob I can add a little "air" to the tone, up to a 70's/80's Rock reverb a la VH, then various levels of modulated delay for shoegazey/post-rock style washes. Just need to tweak the dry level at the top of the range. I might have to pickup some of the other TonePrint pedals, this one is very powerful but easy to tweak.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Sounds really great. I guess that's what I'm going to get once it comes up. (I've been collecting this from classifieds to keep it low budget)
        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"

Comment

I just got a Donner Revecho. It's slightly bigger than mini-size, but it's a really sweet reverb and tapey sounding echo/delay in one pedal. On/off switch for each, and if you hold the delay's switch down for 2 seconds, it activates tap tempo. The verb goes from barely there to cavernous soundscape. I like it a lot.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Mini HOF here - with available tone prints, can’t go wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

The HOF is awesome as long as spring reverb emulation isn't your priority. It's not bad, but it's not its best-sounding most realistic setting. Other than that, it's fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                The HOF is awesome as long as spring reverb emulation isn't your priority. It's not bad, but it's not its best-sounding most realistic setting. Other than that, it's fantastic.
                Damn. That's exactly the reverb I prefer.

I never really use more of it than a touch to make sound a little bit bigger and add a hint of clang.

Revecho looks interesting.

Comment

What's good micro sized reverb?

Originally posted by Jacew View Post

I never really use more of it than a touch to make sound a little bit bigger and add a hint of clang.
                  In that case, to my original suggestion of the Mini HOF, let me add the Malekko Spring:

Comment

HoF mini is nice, it works proper on an isolated psu, on a 1spot it can give a whine, the full size one works on either without bugs.

Malekko is great too for spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post

Revecho looks interesting.
                      The Revecho is touchy in the subtle settings, but it’s there. There’s no spring sound, but I can get slap back, room, cavern, a good plate emulation, and all the ambient trippiness. It’s a great bang for the buck.
                      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I picked up a Byang Baby Boom Tri Reverb for my little PRS MT 15 that sounds really nice. $50 shipped off Reverb well built and quiet. Like it better than the HOF I had.
                        Guitars
                        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

The Mooer Shimverb is a classic in a little package
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I like the baby boom tried reverb

Its standard pedal size though, not micro
                            EHD
                            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                            X