SD shape shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD shape shifter

I'm thinking of buying a Shape Shifter pedal. Curious if anyone here has used one and how well you like it.

Also curious if there is any difference, besides color, between the purple one and the older green/gold pedal (or whatever color that was? I'm colorblind). It looks to me like the older one didn't have the phase control, is that correct?
    Last edited by AndyPanda; 09-26-2019, 09:57 AM.

Re: SD shape shifter

ive had one for a long time and i think its awesome. does everything trem wise i could want. dont know much about the differences but i have the old one

Comment

The old one wasn't stereo. But I love it nonetheless.

Also the place of manufacture.
      Last edited by St_Genesius; 09-27-2019, 03:30 PM.
      ---------------------------
      The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

I have an old one - love it! And I have a Tremolo Fetish.....
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

The Shape Shifter is really good, one of my more favorite tremolo pedals I've used. The older model was awesome as well but yeah there's some notable differences. The newer model has is stereo and has the Stereo Phase Control feature, for one. Some other convenient features are that you can set the tap tempo even when the effect is in bypass mode, and it has an LED feature to see the visual feedback (similar to the LED feature found on the early Vapor Trail pedals). The newer model is a bit smaller and lighter too if I recall correctly, I haven't had one of the older pedals in my possession for some years now. And like mentioned earlier in this thread, they're put together here in the States now and they're being pretty strict about quality control. If you're interested, here's a good demonstration of it, seeing this clip is basically what sold me on switching to the newer model a while back https://youtu.be/3jH-km9VSOQ

Comment

Working...
          X