Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just bought my first pedal!

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    Then take a look at the SourceAudio Classic Distortion. The pedal is freaking amazing.
    That is cool. I think they have a modulation pedal I dig too. But I want a 7 setting switch that just says "50's, 60's, Psychadelic" Early 70's rock, Late 70's rock, early 80's hard rock, late 80's metal, 90's grunge"

Just a great 'classic' sound good for whatever from that zone...
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Cables are a worthwhile investment. You can certainly get a good cable from a good store for less than $20. But not that store.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Your story reminds me that, while that Dano OD was the first *guitar* pedal I bought, and the first with my own money, I did get a Morley Wah for Xmas when I was 14, because I wanted to play Anaesthesia.

Only after opening it up did I realize "Oh...I need two cables now." I was very bummed not to be able to play with it that day, but went to Radio Shack on the 26th and bought the only cable they had: a light gray coiled thing that would be very hip today, but got me mercilessly mocked the next time I rolled into band practice in 1993.

Originally posted by Wound_Up View Post
        Got the pedal today so I went to closest music store and picked up another cable.

Worst cable I've ever used. You can hear things rattling in the actual plug ends and the buzz is unbearable. I thought the cheap cable that came with my guitar was bad but this is unusable!

I can tell you this much. I won't be shopping at that store anymore. Dude sold me a $3 piece of s**t Amazon cable for $15. I was livid when I saw that. So it's going back when they open in 6 hrs. 500% markup is ridiculous. Especially on that garbage. It's bad enough that he overcharges for strings. I can deal with $3 extra bucks here and there on a single pack but this is outrageous.

It was so bad I couldn't use it with the pedal at all and it was useless with just my guitar, also. The buzzing was still unbearable.

Edit: looks like they're as cheap as $1.99 on Amazon. So that's even worse. 750% markup on a garbage cable.

I'm most disappointed in the fact that I couldn't even test the pedal. What I heard sounded decent but I didn't keep it plugged up for very long.
        ---------------------------
        The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          It is a digital modeler but close your eye and you won't know the difference.

Here is a review of the pedal I did a while back

http://www.tmrzoo.com/2011/20657/sou...biggest-issues
          Seems like a great pedal, but they need to work on the industrial design.. just not inspiring looking.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
          X