Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obscure NPD

Well, new pedal yesterday actually...

Anyways, this is my newest toy. I’ve only spent about two hours with it but I am already blown away. FAAAAR away.
    This is the first time that I experience first hand what an „organic” sounding delay is like. This thing really makes me believe that I am playing in a huge cathedral or in the Grand Canyon (Richie Sambora from Bed of Roses video anyone? ).
    That being said, at first I had a hard time dialing in a „simple” delay... You know, the kind you’d use to cover up your flawed technique when playing leads... It has so many sound packed into it and it is so sensitive to the controls, that with a small budge of the pots you can literally jump from a Kill Bill-vibe reverb-like stuff to run of the mill metal-lead-delay to never ending acid-trip oscillation, fluttering tape, lo-fi distortion... You name it. At first it was even a bit intimidating, as I am not really the one who experimented much with creating ambient textures and being creative with tweaking effects. Now I can’t wait to get home from work and start exploring it a bit more. Hopefully I’ll gain some cool ideas and music with it too, not just a badass looking and awesome sounding pedal...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200304_202827_5-min.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	5853591

Name:	IMG_20200304_114530_9-min.jpg
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	5853592

Name:	IMG_20200304_114321_7-min.jpg
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	5853593
    Last edited by nexion218; 03-05-2020, 02:44 AM.

Re: Obscure NPD

Nice. Love that cover, so you don't step on the knobs.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      Nice. Love that cover, so you don't step on the knobs.
      Right? Great idea, especially when transporting it.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Cool - like the idea of low fi distortion/degraded delay. Factoid: You can’t spell digitech without “dig”.

On my radar, thanks & congrats
        Last edited by DankStar; 03-05-2020, 09:47 AM.

Comment

cool, never even heard of it. new model?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            cool, never even heard of it. new model?
            Rather old... Most review vids on yootoob are 4 years old. saw it in a local reverb-like site and instantly fell in love with the looks, so started looking into it and after a few demo vids I knew I had to get one.
            Ended up going after a new one because the one I saw the ad of was selling close to the new price and in such cases I skip the used stuff. For around 15 USD more I got it new with all the paperwork and warranty.

the cover is cool and they even enclosed a velcro cut perfectly to shape. You can remove the rubber pad from the bottom and replace it completely with the velcro. Kinda cool, as Digitech's rubbers just refused to take my velros well, they simply would not stay put on the DigiDelayI previously used, nor this one. No problem with Boss or Korg rubbers though. Go figure. Also, as I understand both the input and output are completely full and true stereo. And I totally love the tails switch: when it's on and I turn the pedal off at the end of a lead line to revert back to dry rythm, it will still send the set amount of repeats from the end of the lead to the amp and when off, switching the pedal off cuts out everything. I don't know whether it's an "exotic" feature or not, but I'm happy it's there. I think I got a kepper with this one!

Comment

Working...
            X