SD pickup Booster (volume mod)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dudiluty View Post
    Thats correct but when using it before an overdrive it should give you more gain not a real volume change.. right?
    If the pedal has some headroom left then clean boost will add both volume and distortion, that is just how amplification circuits work when the reach their saturation. If the pedal is already quite saturated and you use a clean boost you will have very little change in volume and maybe the sound will get thicker and have more sustain. So if what you want is more distortion but keep the same volume you either need to use an overdrive pedal instead and just sett the volume of the new pedal so you are not adding undesired volume.

Being that said I would rather get a high gain pedal, it just seems to sound better and less noisy imho. I use graph eq after the high gain stage because it will add the extra volume and tone, in front of the high gain amp it can get muddy and not louder.
    Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by dudiluty View Post
      Ok thanks all for the replies.

I think i will just buy another green rhino.
      Two tubescreamer type pedals is going to result in a significant mid boost.
      Last edited by chadd; 08-17-2020, 12:36 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post

Two tubescreamer type pedals is going to result in a significant mid boost.
        The idea is to use one or the other at any one time. Allows the same effect with two different settings.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post

The idea is to use one or the other at any one time. Allows the same effect with two different settings.
          Makes sense, but going from one to the other can be a pain if you have to do that

Comment

theres plenty of ways to get more dirt. finding how best works for you is part of the journey of being an electric guitar player.

Comment

Working...
            X