Adding a 9v power jack to the MXR Hand-wired Phase 90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a 9v power jack to the MXR Hand-wired Phase 90

Soooo I just bought one of these off ebay, and then realized it's only powered by 9v battery, which means it'll be a huge pain to unplug the patch cables from it on my pedalboard every time I finish playing. I can't find anything about adding a 9v (Boss-style) input jack so that I can power it without a battery. Any idea how hard this is to do, or any links to instructions? (Or should I sell it and get a regular Phase 90?) Thanks so much!
    Eric

I have one too. It's the first pedal on the board so my guitar plugs in to it. Problem solved. There are 9V to barrel adapters so you don't have to modify the pedal. Only drawback is not being able to put the back cover on tight.

Comment

Get the 9V Clip to Barrel adapter. You can even get a new back plate that you can drill through if you don’t want to drill your current pedal case.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        Get the 9V Clip to Barrel adapter. You can even get a new back plate that you can drill through if you don’t want to drill your current pedal case.
        I've done this to another pedal. It works well.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
          I have done this also and made a back out of an extra piece of plexi I had in the basement. Worked out perfect and it holds the velcro better the original MXR back.

Comment

Nice, thanks guys! Didn't even think about this adapter, I was thinking it would require some soldering... Ordered one last night. Love this forum!

Comment

Make sure you got the one that is center pin negative. I think there is one that is wired center pin positive.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                Make sure you got the one that is center pin negative. I think there is one that is wired center pin positive.
                There should be standards about these sort of things.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

There should be standards about these sort of things.
                  Agreed. It's mostly Line6 and some DigiTech stuff that goes center positive.

Comment

Center positive is usually indicated by a red connector.
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                    X