Dracarys review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dracarys review

Securb asked about the Dracarys in another thread so not to jam up the other thread, figured Id makeba different thread.

The pedal is loud first of all. Have my 50w Jubilees volumes on about 2.5 and to use the Dracarys in the house, the volume on the pedal cant really be above about 9 o'clock. And every knob on the pedal affects the volume of the pedal. The eq is very sensitive as is the gain. Xan easily get that old school nasally Slayer tone in a heartbeat as well as old Metallica.

With my Iceman with a Distortion and LTD with a C5 its very nasally but sounds completely like a different animal with my Jackson 7 string which has a Nazgul in it. The Jackson is way better suited for for the pedal than the other two.

It definitely has its place and really dont use it all that often as its just a little too much sometimes. You wont be able to do 80s metal with the exception of some of the above mentioned bands and like. Not for the likes of Maiden, Dokken, etc.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Sounds like my cup tea.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I dont play it mucb cuz the 7 string and I dont really gel that well. Funny I find itbsounds completely different in person vs youtube clips. Youtube clips sound full and heavy, in person I hear heavy, nasally tone, but some of that could be the volume I running, not really pushing the amp. Kinda hardbto turn it up when you live in a townhouse
      Jackson Soloist 7 string
      ESP LTD M-400

Comment

I have a Wampler Dual Fusion, and it’s crazy loud, too. Unity gain is like 1/3 of the way up.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
          I have a Wampler Dual Fusion, and it’s crazy loud, too. Unity gain is like 1/3 of the way up.
          The old Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem is no slouch either. Tube drive running at full voltage, not starved plate.

Comment

I really need to get one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
              Yep, me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                If I can't get that with what I already have, I'm not trying hard enough.

Comment

The dracarys has it's very own unique sound.

I found it to be enough different that I didn't like it as much as other pedals I have.

It has a lot of gain for sure!
                  https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

The one thing Ive discovered with it lately, when Im using it, the gain volume has to be at 0 and only use the Master volume, helps remove some nasally, boxy upper mid. Do I love it, no, do I keep it on my board, yes when I feel the need for some insane distortion.
                    Jackson Soloist 7 string
                    ESP LTD M-400

Comment

I just ordered mine I will let you know my thoughts when it hits.

Comment

Good deal, let us know what ya think.
                        Jackson Soloist 7 string
                        ESP LTD M-400

Comment

The interplay between the gain, eq and output you describe is something that I've noticed - and liked, tbh - with all of the Wampler drive pedals I've played.
                          ---------------------------
                          The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

It just showed up hopefully I get to play with it tonight

Comment

I love playing with the mids on this pedal and sweeping them from a scoop to a mid boost. The nasal voice to the pedal is cool. with the mids bumped and the gain at around 9 o'clock, I was getting a honky out of phase-like tone that was very useable. I was surprised that I got the gain to about 11 o'clock and it was aggressive enough to play anything desired. I seem to like the open/tight switch OPEN so far but there will be much more playing with this beast this weekend. I will say I like it so far more than my BOSS Mega Distortion.

Comment

Working...
                              X