Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EHX Electric Mistress vs Neo Mistress

Hello everyone,

I wanted a flanger pedal looking for vintage tones (mid 70's etc) but since I didn't intend to use it a lot, I didn't give the issue much thought and bought a Boss BF-3. Long story short, it's not organic and it's far from what I'd expected. I stashed it away and I was thinking of getting an EHX. Since I live in Brazil and I can only buy these items online, it boils down to getting a new Neo Mistress for the same price of a used Electric Mistress. I'm pleased with my chorus (Rocktron Deep Blue) so the fact that the neo is just a flanger is ok. In principle, I'd prefer buying a new product but I do want the best: has anyone tried both? Any thoughts?

I've only tried an original EHX Electric Mistress. That is the sound that is on famous records.

Comment

Make sure that you buy the Deluxe Electric Mistress, and not the Stereo Electric Mistress, if you’re trying to nail the sound of the 70s version. If you cannot afford a used version of an original DEM, the current XO version is good and it’s pedalboard friendly. I’ve never tried the Neo, but I would be skeptical that a two-knob pedal is going to have enough control to dial in all the different sounds that you can get with the DEM. Ymmv.

Comment

The EM is my choice for sure out of the two. The best flanger i have played and own is the Thorpy Flanger. The others are nice but nothing touches the Thorpy IMO.
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Working...
        X