Good passive volum pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good passive volum pedal?

I've promised myself a volum pedal for christmas.

Because I'm always adjusting the guitar's master volume- or the amps pre gain- all the time...

And i only got two hands :/

I've scrolled trough the selection of volume pedals.- the one I find that might fit me the most, is the Electro Harmonix one.

It seems to be sturdy constructed-. has a selection between 25K and 500K (?) pot- and costs much less than a Dunlop or Ernie Ball.

What I need it for, is to fine-tune the amount of volume coming from the guitar (or maybe just after a preamp box)- to get the desired overdrive and volume from the amp.

I saw the "Joyo" models- but those were like TINY!! :o and I don't want a doll-house pedal .

Your thoughts?

-Erlend
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Keep in mind that the 25K pot is for guitars that have active pickups, 250k and higher is for guitars with passive pickups.

If you have a mix of active & passive guitars, you may want to consider a volume pedal that can do both, but those might be too pricy depending on what you want.

Also, don't discount a smaller volume pedal, they're useful for saving space. I just had to go through a logistics nightmare to fit my massive Ernie Ball MVP on my board with an Ironman II Mini attenuator lol.

Comment

I have been using a Morley for 35 years, no pot. There is also no rack or string to wear out. I started with the jumbo silver version and now use the Morley mini.

Comment

The Dunlop Volume X is a great pedal. I don't know if I'd bother with anything that was plastic, so metal will increase the cost.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I use an AMT. I have two Ernie Ball's but the AMT had a better taper and doesn't have the EB tone suck.

Comment

Behringer Not the FC100
            the passive one
            ​​​​​​
            its the knock off version of the Dunlop

It's what you want
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I really like my BOSS FV-500H.

Pro's:
              Can be used as either a volume pedal or expression pedal.
              Dedicated tuner out, which stays active even with the volume down.
              Adjustable for pedal pressure.
              Low set limit, so you can swing between two different volume levels.

Con's:
              Somewhat expensive. Probably twice the cost of the EHX.
              Huge. Bigger than any wah-wah I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
              X