banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Boss FUZZ (Tone Bender, Sola Sound Colaboration)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Boss FUZZ (Tone Bender, Sola Sound Colaboration)

Boss TB-2W ToneBender Fuzz. Could be interesting, it’s a limited run.

Click image for larger version

Name:	05147335-E694-436B-A3AB-2BE5929F97C1.jpeg
Views:	224
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	6033916
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Very Interested. Last time I checked boss doesn't have an analog fuzz pedal in production currently. This one is definitely on my radar but wish it wasn't a limited run.

Comment

Correct, after the FZ-3 was discontinued the only option is the COSM FZ-5.

The interesting thing is most Tonebenders can be nasty with buffers. I’m curious if this will kind of mitigate that since it’s a Boss. It could make using a vintage style fuzz a little easier.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I wonder how closely it followed the original circuit, or how they 'waza-ed' it.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

the voltage thing is kinda cool, 7v, 9v, or 12v at the flip of a switch.

Comment

I once fried my brain?! (whole nervous system, actually)- by rocking out with headphones- trough a Boss BR recorder- with settings on "fuzz" and "octave"...

That digital nasty output- made my vision; voice- and overall ....feeling... even my skin!! "buzzy" for hours!! I felt ILL!! :/...

oh well.. just made me appreciate simple, analogue stuff even more.
            If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              I wonder how closely it followed the original circuit, or how they 'waza-ed' it.
              Yes, that’s interesting because they modeled it after a specific S/N, but with buffer/TB, FET switching and voltage level, that’s clearly at least 3 updates to the system.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Well, the proof is in the sound. I don't think it will be available to try until later next year.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm interested.
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I used to have a real one when I was just starting out.

Sort of like a cross between a Big Muff and a Fuzz Face is how I remember it.

Sustain forever, even on the low strings.

Very throaty and aggressive but when you lower the volume control on the guitar mine got kind of spitty sounding, in sort of a cool/not so cool, mean and tempermental kind of way.

Very British, 1960's, Yardbirds kind of sound.

Wouldn't mind having that sound again although I'd probably use it just for fun and nostaligia's sake.
                    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

One of my favorite setups is 52 style Tele -> Throbak Stonebender -> Princeton Reverb. It’s my Jimmy Page LZ1 rig. So much fun.
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                          X