Mount Rushmore of stompboxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BB Preamp, CE-2, BF-2, DD-500.

If the DD-500 is too multi for you, make it my Grand Canyon.

If the Grand Canyon is too multi for you, then I’ll just grab my old DD-3 out of the drawer and be perfectly happy.
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Four? I need a tuner, so the Polytune. I need an overdrive, so the Klon KTR. I need a Delay so the Timeline, which also has a nice chorus. And I need Reverb so the Hall of Fame. I'd hate to be without my Dover Drive but I could live without it. Or I could keep the Dover Drive, get rid of the Polytune and go back to using a headstock tuner.

I saw a video the other day with the guy from JHS talking about the Klon KTR and he held his up and showed where the knobs were set on his. He said: 75% Drive, Tone at Noon and Volume wherever it needed to be set to, to match your clean tone when the pedal is off. That's exactly how I've been setting mine for years now.

I included the video. He talks about the Klon KTR at about the 3 minute mark.

Here's the video and my pedalboard:

Click image for larger version  Name:	567F0CA3-B533-4B5F-9CF3-F74E53571496.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	6034832
      Last edited by Lewguitar; 12-04-2020, 07:21 AM.
      “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

It would be hard to ditch a phaser but I could probably get by with:

Dunlop 535Q Wah --> Homebrew Electronics Power Screamer w/ Fat Boost --> Vick Audio Tree of Life--> Homebrew Electronics Mimic Mock II Analog Delay

These are my most used pedals. It's likely a tie whether I use the wah more than a phaser but I have so many great phasers, I don't know if I could pick just one.

Comment

From my current board:

MXR Phase90 (with Script mod) - BYOC Silver Pony (Klone) - Hudson Broadcast - Strymon El Capistan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

My personal Mt. Rushmore would probably be:
            Fulltone Fulldrive 2 -> Wampler Pinnacle -> Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus -> EHX Deluxe Memory Man

For the real Mt. Rushmore I’d have some different choices.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              My personal Mt. Rushmore would probably be:
              Fulltone Fulldrive 2 -> Wampler Pinnacle -> Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus -> EHX Deluxe Memory Man

For the real Mt. Rushmore I'd have some different choices.
              Me too. I'd put Sitting Bull up there.
              “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

That is 7 pedals pick 4
                its eight actually and i was giving two different four pedal setups i could live with

Comment

For me personally I'd go:

Origin Cali76 compressor (UA 1176 clone..ish). best compressor (I've tried almost all of them)
                  Archer Ikon Overdrive. -It adds nice grit BUT also adds intelligibility -theres no hiding )
                  EHX Pitch Fork Shifter -follows chords the best (shout out to Boss Super Shifter though)
                  MXR Carbon Copy Delay -just does one thing so well

(I get Reverb and Vibrato and preamp distortion/fuzz from my amp)

But all time?
                  I think between EHX, MXR and Boss pretty much invented 95% of all circuit styles -take your pick.
                  Last edited by NegativeEase; 12-05-2020, 11:05 AM.
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                    (I get Reverb and Vibrato and preamp distortion/fuzz from my amp)
                    O no my friend no loopholes, if we are using amp effects I could use the chorus in my JC120 or someone could rock a Line 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

O no my friend no loopholes, if we are using amp effects I could use the chorus in my JC120 or someone could rock a Line 6.
                      haha. Ok, I'm doing the dirty deed bone dry -I guess.
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Interesting thread title. I like it. When I read it I am thinking it is a conversation of the 4 greatest or most significant pedals in the guitar pedal world. As I go through the thread, it appears to be my 4 favorite pedals I would use (which may be iconic to me but possibly not Mt. Rushmore level status) that I would use on my board.

When I think iconic...Trend setters.... Foundational pedals that started things off..... I would be remiss to not mention these from a historic perspective. I know I am missing some.

Tubescreamer
                        Fuzz Face
                        Deluxe Memory Man
                        ADA Flanger
                        Binson Echorec
                        Boss CE Chorus pedals
                        MXR Phaser
                        Talk Box

Oddly enough, I own several of the listed above but the specifics ones I mentioned I wouldn't use on my board in most cases. If I had to pick 4, I could manage with these.

Neunaber Immerse Mk II
                        Neunaber Inspire Tri-Chorus
                        Diamond Memory Lane Jr.
                        Skreddy Litle Miss Sunshine

If I were using bigger box pedals with more robust features I would use these.

Free The Tone Flight TIme Delay
                        Free The Tone Tri- Avatar Chorus
                        Empress Reverb
                        Thorpy Flanger

If I were to answer this again in five minutes I am 99% certain my answers would change.

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Personal Choices:
                          Suhr Riot
                          Xotic RC Booster
                          Boss SC-1
                          Boss DD7

If going less than "Rock" for a more Blues deal:
                          Stamps Drive-O-Matic
                          T-Rex Viper
                          Diaz Tremodillo
                          EHX Holy Grail

If Cheating:
                          Boss Digital Metalizer (Distortion plus 3 delays and a chorus)
                          Visual Sound H2O (2 chorus modes, and 2 delay modes - ch+dly at same time)
                          Marshall Regenerator (Chorus, Flange, Phase, Tremolo, more...)
                          Line 6 DL4

Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I am about to have my 4th effect to make this cut.

JHS - Muffuletta Fuzz
                            Maxon AD10 - Analog Delay
                            JHS - Series 3 Compressor (about to add this one to my gear)

And my amp already has a nice reverb built into it plus it has a LED tuner built in, so I'm all set.

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
                              Assume your amp has nothing.
                              If my amp had nothing, I'd add a good reverb and be done

Comment

Working...
                              X